The best fuel injection cleaner?

Redline SL-1
One of the highest concentrations of PEA that you can buy in a store.
It's SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner. I've used it forever. Iv'e also used Gumout Regane.

Last edited:
Used Techron for ever. BG44K was another. Currently on the Liquimoly DI Jectron and Proline Fuel System Cleaner.

It's SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner. I've used it forever. Iv'e also used Gumout Regane.

I was told by a gumout tech that you could double the recommended dosage for gumout. Two bottles per tank instead of one.
They have a one-n-done product that is essentially a doubled dose of this....

It is also great stuff - - - I have tried the double dose as well.
Just as good as SL-1...and sometimes cheaper.

I was told by a gumout tech that you could double the recommended dosage for gumout. Two bottles per tank instead of one.
They have a one-n-done product that is essentially a doubled dose of this....

It is also great stuff - - - I have tried the double dose as well.
Just as good as SL-1...and sometimes cheaper.
Yeah, Gumout seems to be pretty good and is cheaper than Redline.

It's SI-1 (capital I as in Injection)... not SL-1.

Last edited:
I am under the assumption that TCW3 2 cycle oil (one ounce per 5 gal of gasoline) would also clean injectors along with the valves. I use this in conjunction with Techron or Gumout Regane.
Why would oil be a good cleaner ? You are just burning oil in your cylinders then

PEA based is gonna be highly effective. Some of the others have xylene toluene etc in them

Why would oil be a good cleaner ? You are just burning oil in your cylinders then

PEA based is gonna be highly effective. Some of the others have xylene toluene etc in them

It's designed to be burned in the cylinder as a two-cycle oil. Part of the requirements (beyond just lubrications) include deposit control, reduced ring sticking, and specific testing for detergency.

I used to use Techron Super Concentrated and Gumout High Mileage when was able to pick then up in USA (I live 5 miles from border). With travel restrictions I had to find a reasonably priced and available alternative and settled on Lucas, never thought I'd use anything by Lucas in my life ... lol. I now buy a gal jug and it lasts long time. About 25 applications per jug at C$45 per jug. It seems to work well.

I use TECHRON because, they started the PBA research at Chevron laboratories while working to solve a BMW problem. If you use Chevron gas you get Techron additive. I like to support anyone who spent money to solve problems. Ed

I use TECHRON because, they started the PBA research at Chevron laboratories while working to solve a BMW problem. If you use Chevron gas you get Techron additive. I like to support anyone who spent money to solve problems. Ed

Did you mean PEA? It's kind of weird how that worked out. PEA is primarily used to help cure epoxy. How anyone figured out that it could be used to control engine deposits seems to be more a matter of trial and error just yielding something that works. That being said, I hear a lot of discussion making claims about PEA being used over anything else, even though there's really nothing that indicates that there aren't other equally effective ways.

Yes my bad. PEA

Wasn't sure. There's an acronym soup out there. There's also one detergent called polyisobutylene amine, or PIBA. Also just
polyisobutylene (PIB). Chevron actually uses those in some of its formulations.

exceptional-reliability_Polyisobutylene_ProductStewardshipSummary.pdf

Back