The annual "polish + protection" detail

Looks great. I'm glad the NuFinish haters have stayed off the thread. I detail with Meguiars Cleaner Wax and then NuFinsih.

Actually the Nu Finish failed on application.

The Optimum OptiSeal is far easier to apply and lasts just as long.

Originally Posted by PimTac

OK-misread the thread. The NuFinish didn't dry-either because of weather conditions-or possibly a bad bottle. If it can't oxidize-for what ever reason-it's not going to dry.

God I wish my car looked that good.

Ok fine, I think you have me convinced to pick up a Harbor Freight DA tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Nick1994

Even the $20 cheapie Walmart polisher is better than doing it by hand. Then buy a few extra microfiber bonnets that should be right next to the machine. It comes with a foam and one mf bonnet. Does a good job at spreading the wax/sealant/cleaner of your choice. It won't do much correcting like the HF one will. But it will apply the product ultra thin which makes removal a breeze. Easy peazy. Plus in AZ you need all the clear coat and protection that you can get.

Originally Posted by Trav
Originally Posted by gregk24
Looks great! Not being critical but the inside of the wheels jumps out at you a little.

Ouch! You are triggering my OCD Trav. Haha. I actually have never cleaned the inside of any of my wheels. I presume that would involve removing them, or using a lift. Neither of which I care to do on a daily. If it were a nice garage queen or if I had some wheels with large gaps between the spokes, then believe me I would be all over it!

No, its just me. A door ding in a panel wouldn't bother me I just see the odd details like exhaust outlets that are off center or a different height.

I understand, my eye is drawn immediately to those details as well. Nissan Altimas are notorious for those exhaust outlets at different heights, that would drive me mad.

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by PimTac

OK-misread the thread. The NuFinish didn't dry-either because of weather conditions-or possibly a bad bottle. If it can't oxidize-for what ever reason-it's not going to dry.

Right. I have never had a problem with NuFinish before, I have used it multiple times without issue. In fact I just detailed my brothers truck with it a month ago with no issues. For some reason (I assume humidity) it would dry properly and became a sticky nightmare of a mess to remove.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
God I wish my car looked that good.

I find it very easy to work with, money well spent. I even use the Harbor Freight pads that everyone says are junk. Maybe they are compared to other brands, I don't know. They work great for me though!

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Looks like Wellswood

I had to look up what that was...nope.

Looks great! Not being critical but the inside of the wheels jumps out at you a little.

Ouch! You are triggering my OCD Trav. Haha. I actually have never cleaned the inside of any of my wheels. I presume that would involve removing them, or using a lift. Neither of which I care to do on a daily. If it were a nice garage queen or if I had some wheels with large gaps between the spokes, then believe me I would be all over it!
Speedmaster brush and/or wheel woolies.

If they've never been done you may need a wheel acid to bring them back to new.

Back