The Alpha Male car....Thoughts/questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the original post, to have to rule out others sort of gives an image of being insecure in and of oneself, and wanting to choose the club in which one needs to impress.

Does owning an "alpha male" car imply BEING an alpha male, or representing money/debt, and using it for an image.

Like owning a dog to express who you really are, so that the people that you see while walking it can look at that impressive beast and derive that you are a person of substance.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
In the original post, to have to rule out others sort of gives an image of being insecure in and of oneself, and wanting to choose the club in which one needs to impress.

Does owning an "alpha male" car imply BEING an alpha male, or representing money/debt, and using it for an image.

Like owning a dog to express who you really are, so that the people that you see while walking it can look at that impressive beast and derive that you are a person of substance.

If we first recognize that there is a dominance hierarchy amongst capable men, then we can simply look at what the top men drive. This is not about who, or why. It's about what the CEO's, the self made billionaires and other top men choose to drive.

In my "opinion", the Mercedes sedan seems to be a favorite. Followed by Aston Martin, Porsche and Jaguar.

But don't take it too seriously. I'm just a lowly cog in the machine, making casual observations here on the Jet Aviation ramp at PBI.

I look at any vehicle as what is practical for me and my needs. Couldnt care less about what others think about it. I am secure in my manhood with whatever I drive. Usually it is an older 4x4 pickup truck because that is what I need. Btw I have never owned a car with a trunk. Always had a hatchback because it is more practical for me. The only Merc I would ever own would have to be an old diesel. BMW, Jag, Astin, etc. Pfffft! Sissy boy cars imo.

Originally Posted By: ridgerunner
I look at any vehicle as what is practical for me and my needs. Couldnt care less about what others think about it. I am secure in my manhood with whatever I drive. Usually it is an older 4x4 pickup truck because that is what I need. Btw I have never owned a car with a trunk. Always had a hatchback because it is more practical for me. The only Merc I would ever own would have to be an old diesel. BMW, Jag, Astin, etc. Pfffft! Sissy boy cars imo.

I agree.

I’m not worried when tuff rugged manly men see me driving a Honda and they’re driving an F-250 truck with big swamp tires and fog lamps on the roof.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: webfors
ATS-V
20.gif

2017_cadillac_ats-v_sedan_base_rq_oem_1_1280.jpg

Yeah, I'd rather have one of those than a 6th-Gen Camaro. Alpha males like to see out of their cars when maneuvering at the limits of adhesion.

I've been passenger UP this road in a Bentley Continental GT, V-12 AWD...the me, that's the epitome of an alpha male car. 4 grand for a service, $600 for 12 litres of M1 0W40 (the dealer was none too impressed when I suggested that he could always bring his own oil in com service time and save $400.

If getting ripped off to prove that you can afford it is being alpha male, then more power to you I guess.

He traded it in on a convertible, and literally has women throw their business cards at him while driving in the big smoke. Amazing how the line between professional woman and working girl changes with a car.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
ridgerunner said:

I agree.

I’m not worried when tuff rugged manly men see me driving a Honda and they’re driving an F-250 truck with big swamp tires and fog lamps on the roof.
smirk.gif

I see it all the time around here. pickups lifted 3 feet in the air with large tires. Funny thing is many of them are 2 wheel drive! [censored]!? Many are from the south. Texas, Oklahoma, etc. gas holes mainly. I inspect gas well sites here in PA and see them all the time. Most are lifted to the sky and stuck in the mud. I roll by with either my Subaru or old 94 Ford Ranger and laugh. Their trucks are either 2WD or too large and heavy diesel to get through the mud. They just shake their heads when I arrive to the site with my little vehicle that floats through the muck.

Originally Posted By: ridgerunner
Mr Nice said:
ridgerunner said:

I agree.

smirk.gif

I see it all the time around here. pickups lifted 3 feet in the air with large tires. Funny thing is many of them are 2 wheel drive! [censored]!? Many are from the south. Texas, Oklahoma, etc. gas holes mainly. I inspect gas well sites here in PA and see them all the time. Most are lifted to the sky and stuck in the mud. I roll by with either my Subaru or old 94 Ford Ranger and laugh. Their trucks are either 2WD or too large and heavy diesel to get through the mud. They just shake their heads when I arrive to the site with my little vehicle that floats through the muck.
Like I said before, what is practical for one person isnt always always practical or right for another person. My needs are completely different than I think most on this site. I am a northern PA redneck/ridge runner. I cannot fathom what a “real man” in a California city may need for a manly vehicle. I would think it would be a new, clean foreign car that goes zero to 60 in 3 seconds and be comfortable, techy and look good doing so. Me...not so much. Enjoy what U own and the heck with who ever says different.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Here's a 2017 coupe version of the above. MSRP 69k, offering it for $53k. RWD, manual, 464 HP

Hmmm, only about 250 miles from me...
But I see right through your sneaky plan, trying to get me to break my piggy bank.
And besides, it's red, and much too flashy. When I buy cars, I prefer bland colors that blend into the background.

My kind of "Alpha" male car is one that survives 22 years of hard use and still shines without burning oil.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back