The 2019 Audi e-tron

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
I used the S based more on price. The X starts WAY above the cost of the Audi.
Apples to oranges. The "S" is going to handle much better, since its a car with a low c.g.
Prices from truecar.com:
'19 Audi e-tron: $78k
'19 Tesla X: $84k
'19 Tesla S: $79k
Percentage-wise, not much diff only 8% delta....
Audi has U.S. Federal subsidies in effect, where Tesla's are running out.... so that makes the Audi even cheaper. Dunno what Canada does, eh?

FYI, Tesla just slashed prices of S and X in the US. S now starts at $66K and X starts at $72K.

https://electrek.co/2019/05/21/tesla-price-model-s-x-changes/

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by UncleDave
The e-tron really missed the mark on efficiency and range.

Not anywhere near as efficient as a 7 year old model S almost 1/3 or less range from a battery within a few KWH

Wait for the charging network to disappoint next.....

The big boys are finding its not so easy to match what tesla has done.

UD

Yes, both the range and 0-60 times pale when compared to the Tesla offerings.

Patience is key here.

Many good names working this field https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_electric_cars_currently_available

I feel like MadRiver does, Tesla is literally starting from scratch. Other companies, many with long term car manufacturing expertise, are involved in electrics now. It will be very interesting to watch as it sorts itself out.

"Tesla is literally starting from scratch."
I am not so sure about that...
Mass producing automobiles is not new; mass producing EV's is new.

Tesla is the only car company to only make EV's; there is no corporate fight for priority.
They have manufactured and sold hundreds of thousands of cars; logged billions of miles for AP.

Everyone else has a lot of catching up to do.
Audi and Porsche have not been able to equal Tesla's range; both have lowered earlier range values.
They both have had major setbacks.

Range isn't everything. How many people drive 200+ miles every day? I've got an electric car with a 76 mile range, and I simply plug it in at night, and run errands or take trips totaling mostly 20 to 60 miles per day. ------ For somebody who lives behind their steering wheel, sure, you need to be in there 4 hours a day to get to 200+ miles. For those people, get a life, that's too much driving.
For long trips, I just choose my hybrid or normal gasoline engine cars anyway. These electrics are too expensive. Who wants to pay $80k for a mega-range hipster Special like this? Mine was $15k net cash.

An electric car has its place.
Do realize some of us actually like to drive extended periods and can make pretty decent $ doing so. I've been driving going on 35 years and still look fwd to getting behind the wheel every time.

Back