TG 3614 C&P Under 50 hrs use OPE

Mowed today and figured I'd change the oil. Really wanted to take look at that TG..
It was fine and the oil was fine as well.
I easily tore the pleats with very little effort. None were tore in service. The end caps were solid and no delamination. The oil will twist a few tonsils here 😝 but it's old and I got it for $10... For Stude a K&N 20k select went on and MPT in...

View attachment 215200View attachment 215201View attachment 215202View attachment 215203View attachment 215204View attachment 215205
Mowing?? You mean cutting the grass.

Good review of this TG in ope service. It was most likely the 10k rated one. Of course that doesn't really apply here. It did its job. You have a solid plan & that k&n will last 100 hours easily. I need to get me one of those Spartans to rip around in. Is the front too light? Bouncy? I know all mowers will make us jiggle a bit but is it comfortable? That's my only fear of going to a Zero turn. I'd skip the smallest ZT's since they'll be too light.

Good review of this TG in ope service. It was most likely the 10k rated one. Of course that doesn't really apply here. It did its job. You have a solid plan & that k&n will last 100 hours easily. I need to get me one of those Spartans to rip around in. Is the front too light? Bouncy? I know all mowers will make us jiggle a bit but is it comfortable? That's my only fear of going to a Zero turn. I'd skip the smallest ZT's since they'll be too light.
No it's not bouncy at all and has an adjustable bushings for your weight. It's mowed 7 years of farm type property which can be very rough without incident. Sometimes 50 acres or more a week.
No issues...radial tires work well on the hills too. They were standard on this. Fuel injected and easier on fuel than my 10 hp less diesel mower

No it's not bouncy at all and has an adjustable bushings for your weight. It's mowed 7 years of farm type property which can be very rough without incident. Sometimes 50 acres or more a week.
No issues...radial tires work well on the hills too. They were standard on this. Fuel injected and easier on fuel than my 10 hp less diesel mower
That's great to hear! I need to go look at some used ones online to see what the damage will be. Which line would you recommend from this brand? Just go big? :cool:

That's great to hear! I need to go look at some used ones online to see what the damage will be. Which line would you recommend from this brand? Just go big? :cool:
How much grass you mow a week? My buddy in TN bought the entry model and has 5 years of no issues. He only mows like 2+ acres so that worked good.

I really like Fuel Injection because ethanol doesn't cause the beginning of the year woes... to me that's worth it plus is very fuel efficient. I estimate about 3/4 gallon at 3200 to 3400 rpms and hour.
It does come with a tachometer and push button start .. sorry @AutoMechanic

You used to have a choice of three engine makers.

How much grass you mow a week? My buddy in TN bought the entry model and has 5 years of no issues. He only mows like 2+ acres so that worked good.

I really like Fuel Injection because ethanol doesn't cause the beginning of the year woes... to me that's worth it plus is very fuel efficient. I estimate about 3/4 gallon at 3200 to 3400 rpms and hour.
It does come with a tachometer and push button start .. sorry @AutoMechanic

You used to have a choice of three engine makers.
0.53 acre BUT I mow thick, once every two weeks, AND I mulch it up by mowing in reverse pattern than what you're supposed to (I discharge the grass towards uncut grass). My 08' 42" 24HP Craftsman does a pretty good job overall but with a bigger deck I'd need more power. That math has me at 30HP for 54" deck as an example. If I can't afford the big one then I could just find a 24HP+ & smaller 42" deck like I currently have. Maybe I could buy bigger wheels for the small one. 😅 I bet that EFI is nice but I'm not needing fuel efficiency really since i'm not mowing a lot of acreage like you.

0.53 acre BUT I mow thick, once every two weeks, AND I mulch it up by mowing in reverse pattern than what you're supposed to (I discharge the grass towards uncut grass). My 08' 42" 24HP Craftsman does a pretty good job overall but with a bigger deck I'd need more power. That math has me at 30HP for 54" deck as an example. If I can't afford the big one then I could just find a 24HP+ & smaller 42" deck like I currently have. Maybe I could buy bigger wheels for the small one. 😅 I bet that EFI is nice but I'm not needing fuel efficiency really since i'm not mowing a lot of acreage like you.
I think you can get what you need at a decent price. Maybe one up or so from the basic model which has many features.
Good luck..

I'm watching a PG vs Baldwin cut video now and on this mower I first reached for a fresh Baldwin which was made in 2024 the day of this post.
Nothing bad but I pulled the new Baldwin out of the box and as soon as I did the baseplate gasket just fell off by itself.
No big deal but that was enough for me to reach for the K&N Select...just a back story to this post.

Sometimes that's all it takes to switch it up.

I'm watching a PG vs Baldwin cut video now and on this mower I first reached for a fresh Baldwin which was made in 2024 the day of this post.
Nothing bad but I pulled the new Baldwin out of the box and as soon as I did the baseplate gasket just fell off by itself.
No big deal but that was enough for me to reach for the K&N Select...just a back story to this post.

Sometimes that's all it takes to switch it up.

Surprised you didn’t reach for purple! Would be so fashionable for OPE. 😛

Back