Textar pads equivalent to Brembo OE low metalic ?

Just bought new Brembo dimpled/drilled coated rotors front and rear for the wife's CLA 250 4MATIC also got new front pads I got the Brembo low metal ...... the rear were like new as were the rear rotors they are what came on the car when I purchased it

Are the TEXTAR rear pads near the same quality level of the Brembo pads I have for the front?

Should I go new pads anyway since it's new rear rotors? Or totally wasting money ? about $65 dollshairs

Keep in mind the rear pads are nearly brand new and were ran on new MB smooth non dimpled non vented rear rotors from what I can tell about 6k miles judging by the recipts in the paperwork

Thanks for the opinions

20220419_220444.jpg

Just keep the OE MB pads and run them across some sheets of 80 grit sandpaper.

The aftermarket Textar formulas are not the same as OE. Recently went thru this on a 2015 X1 where Textar was OE for the front. The originals went 55K, aftermarket Textar went less than 20K before they tripped the wear sensor.

The aftermarket Textar formulas are not the same as OE. Recently went thru this on a 2015 X1 where Textar was OE for the front. The originals went 55K, aftermarket Textar went less than 20K before they tripped the wear sensor.
I was not clear sorry for that .....

Got the car at exactly 100k there was paperwork showing new rear pads and rotors at 94k Textar pads and MB rotors

Purchased new Brembo rotors front and rear and new front Brembo Low Metal pads .....

Upon thinking it over longer I will most likely just spend the extra $65 for rear matching pads so my whole set up is Brembo front rear pads and rotors and keep the "old " usable stuff in the spare pile

Odd. I used Textar OE and aftermarket pads interchangeably on my 328i for many years., I did not notice any difference between the pads. My Mini also has Textar pads. I put aftermarket Textar pads on the rear a few months ago. Will see how they hold up.

Odd. I used Textar OE and aftermarket pads interchangeably on my 328i for many years., I did not notice any difference between the pads. My Mini also has Textar pads. I put aftermarket Textar pads on the rear a few months ago. Will see how they hold up.
A lot of pad formulas have changed recently due to the new copper limitations.

Have the OE formulas changed?
Sometimes, but not as much as aftermarket. I still receive some OE pads that are clearly higher copper (based on the gold flakes you can visibly see). Honestly, the OE formulas are simply better because they undergo far more testing for a platform than any generic aftermarket formula will. A lot of the aftermarket lines will only have a few formulas for all vehicles on the market.

Rock Auto has Pagid pads at a decent price, but if that's still too much, there are more affordable options like the popular Raybestos Element3 EHT pads :)

New rotors, new pads, period.
If you want to retain your like-new pads also keep your rotors of same vintage.
Why did you even get new rear rotors when the existing ones only have 6k on them?

This.

i have had multiple questionable experiences with textar yellow text aftermarket pads distributed by beck/arnley recently.

i would assume yours is good and i would continue using them

Textar should be better than Brembo pad wise, but obviously there is an issue as others are saying.
I usually use ATE pads or on BMW’s Jurid (most OE pads on BMW are ATE or Jurid, some Textar). I think on Mercedes often OE is TRW.

Use them and see what happens. I have Textar ready for my brake upgrade on BMW. Got them cheap through Beck/Arnley. But will see, @2EHA is saying there are issues.

I can honestly say I have seen no abnormal wear issues with Textar, Pagid, ATE, Jurid or Mintex pads on Euro cars that have ECE R90 or E code.
R90 means the pads are within 15% or less of OE.

E Codes.
  • e1 - Germany
  • e2 – France
  • e3 – Italy
  • e4 – Netherlands
  • e5 – Sweden
  • e6 – Belgium
  • e7 – Hungary
  • e8 – Czech republic
  • e9 – Spain
  • e11 – United Kingdom
  • e12 – Austria
  • e13 – Luxembourg
  • e17 – Finland
  • e18 – Denmark
  • e19 – Romania
  • e20 – Poland
  • e21 – Portugal
  • e23 – Greece
  • e24 – Ireland
  • e26 – Slovenia
  • e27 – Slovakia
  • e29 – Estonia
  • e32 – Latvia
  • e34 – Bulgaria
  • e36 – Lithuania
  • e49 – South Cyprus
  • e50 – Malta

New rotors, new pads, period.
If you want to retain your like-new pads also keep your rotors of same vintage.
Why did you even get new rear rotors when the existing ones only have 6k on them?
The front were used up completely and I went for brembo drilled and dimpled

I can honestly say I have seen no abnormal wear issues with Textar, Pagid, ATE, Jurid or Mintex pads on Euro cars that have ECE R90 or E code.
R90 means the pads are within 15% or less of OE.

E Codes.
  • e1 - Germany
  • e2 – France
  • e3 – Italy
  • e4 – Netherlands
  • e5 – Sweden
  • e6 – Belgium
  • e7 – Hungary
  • e8 – Czech republic
  • e9 – Spain
  • e11 – United Kingdom
  • e12 – Austria
  • e13 – Luxembourg
  • e17 – Finland
  • e18 – Denmark
  • e19 – Romania
  • e20 – Poland
  • e21 – Portugal
  • e23 – Greece
  • e24 – Ireland
  • e26 – Slovenia
  • e27 – Slovakia
  • e29 – Estonia
  • e32 – Latvia
  • e34 – Bulgaria
  • e36 – Lithuania
  • e49 – South Cyprus
  • e50 – Malta
I just checked my Textar for E82 135 calipers I need to install. E9 code, R90, which would mean Spain. So Beck/Arnley is getting them what originally was ready for the Spanish market.

I just pulled the trigger on the matching Brembo pads

The nearly new Textar pads and MB rear rotors will just in my spare usable parts stash

Yes I do realize the Brembo setup is most likely less durable but it's the wife's car and she wants bling

Here are the calipers I just picked them from my powdercoat guy
20220420_095456.jpg

Will post up a pic of the whole setup .......
Now it's down to two choices on the new wheels I am going 17 inch since my wife has been known to bend wheels

Petrol wheels or TSW
Or

I just pulled the trigger on the matching Brembo pads

The nearly new Textar pads and MB rear rotors will just in my spare usable parts stash

Yes I do realize the Brembo setup is most likely less durable but it's the wife's car and she wants bling

Here are the calipers I just picked them from my powdercoat guy View attachment 97070
Textar is probably Semi-Metallic, high dust pad. It will wear out faster than Brembo. But Textar will be a more aggressive pad. I generally prefer high dust, very aggressive pads. Don't care about lifespan or dust.

Back