Tesla's reputation tanks - Did anyone see this coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Jobs rarely said anything in public outside of carefully produced events. I don't think he would have done anything like the self-inflicted stuff that Musk has been doing over the past few years.
Exactly. For all we know he might have been a total D.B. but he kept it quiet and people were weeping when he died.

I don't own an EV and I'm not looking to be in the market for one.

But you freakin' fair weather fans kill me. I'm pretty sure most of you hammering on Tesla are doing so for one reason and we all know what it is. You've got your pink undies in a wad because the leader of Telsa is able to allow clear and open news on a social media platform and you're used to being coddled in your safe spaces online.

I wonder how much of this poll is influenced by snowflakes being mad at Elon vs. disappointed with Teslas? I don't have a dog in this fight, having enough ICE vehicles to last at least a decade, but from a cursory inspection, warts and all, nobody seems to currently produce an EV comparable to Tesla.
FWIW, Dave Adamy, Mr. Money Mustache, a herald of living on the cheap in order to retire young just bought a Model Y. He was a big proponent of bicycles for local travel, and old cheap cars for distance travel. He wrote about 5 pages in his blog justifying his purchase, and still was darned to Heck by his followers for (pick one) spending money, ruining the planet (not kidding), and worse; fighting government censorship.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

But you freakin' fair weather fans kill me. I'm pretty sure most of you hammering on Tesla are doing so for one reason and we all know what it is. You've got your pink undies in a wad because the leader of Telsa is able to allow clear and open news on a social media platform and you're used to being coddled in your safe spaces online.
Pay attention to the thread.... Many of the posts here are saying the exact same thing as you.

It's fake news. As we know from looking at political polls over the last decade, poll results can be anything the person who conducts them wants them to be.

It is currently fashionable to bash Elon Musk and now half the country are looking for their safe space and coloring books because of his seeming endorsement of a certain Governor of Florida.

The article is pandering click bait.

Poll was formed by Axios, ex Politico activist, I mean journalist. All far left leaning persons. Polls are worthless.

Poll was formed by Axios, ex Politico activist, I mean journalist. All far left leaning persons. Polls are worthless.
A small correction on ideology terminology... These are not far left - "hard core liberal" is a better term. The lib-dem ideology is center-right and has nothing to do with "left" thinking. Heck, the previous president was more "left" than the liberals.

There are powerful forces working against their CEO. The same was not true of these other companies you mention.

It's amazing how quickly and easily reputations can be built and destroyed with proper techniques. That's why smart people keep their mouths shut.
Tv watchers minds are easy to manipulate. That is Tv shows are called prigramming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back