Tesla's reputation tanks - Did anyone see this coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon ... it's not all bad news. Here's an excerpt from the poll:

That said, the poll is not all bad news for Tesla’s reputation. It’s still ranked much higher than BP, Spirit Airlines, Meta, Twitter, Fox and the Trump Organization. So at least there’s that. Unless, of course, you’re the CEO of Tesla and happen to also own Twitter (97th place in case you’re curious).

I'm surprised Tesla still ranks as high as it does. We're talking about a company that has a habit of taking deposits for products that do not exist and then not delivering a single unit for 4+ years. I've had the Cybertruck on order since 2019. I wonder if the deposit is transferrable to my future grandchildren.

I prefer combustion engines, but I know the future is electric so I actually hope Tesla becomes much better.

But I seen so many issues with these cars from huge panel gaps, poor build quality, electrical issues and it seems when these cars run out of power completely they just become a disaster to get charged back up from issues such as the charge door not opening or it just not accepting a charge to begin with and lets not forget the disaster process it is to even get service or parts.

At this point if I were to buy an electric car it would most likely be a Chevy.

I wonder how much of this poll is influenced by snowflakes being mad at Elon vs. disappointed with Teslas? I don't have a dog in this fight, having enough ICE vehicles to last at least a decade, but from a cursory inspection, warts and all, nobody seems to currently produce an EV comparable to Tesla.
FWIW, Dave Adamy, Mr. Money Mustache, a herald of living on the cheap in order to retire young just bought a Model Y. He was a big proponent of bicycles for local travel, and old cheap cars for distance travel. He wrote about 5 pages in his blog justifying his purchase, and still was darned to Heck by his followers for (pick one) spending money, ruining the planet (not kidding), and worse; fighting government censorship.

It tanked because people coincide Tesla with Elon. His purchase and purge of twitter tanked his reputation that lauded him last decade.

What's funny is people won't do the same thing to other companies like Enron, Arthur Andersen, ComED, FreddieMac, AIG, etc. Anybody remember **** Cheyney and the Halliburton scandals during the onset of OIF?

I'm surprised Tesla still ranks as high as it does. We're talking about a company that has a habit of taking deposits for products that do not exist and then not delivering a single unit for 4+ years. I've had the Cybertruck on order since 2019. I wonder if the deposit is transferrable to my future grandchildren.
I’m sure employees are hard at work trying to sawzall the roof off of a Model Y so he won’t be completely lying to the Cybertruck faithful.

It tanked because people coincide Tesla with Elon. His purchase and purge of twitter tanked his reputation that lauded him last decade.

What's funny is people won't do the same thing to other companies like Enron, Arthur Andersen, ComED, FreddieMac, AIG, etc. Anybody remember **** Cheyney and the Halliburton scandals during the onset of OIF?
There are powerful forces working against their CEO. The same was not true of these other companies you mention.

It's amazing how quickly and easily reputations can be built and destroyed with proper techniques. That's why smart people keep their mouths shut.

His purchase and purge of twitter tanked his reputation that lauded him last decade.
He's been an eccentric all his life, so buying Twitter wasn't exactly out of character for him, IMO.

I think people/investors are concerned that he's trying to do too many things at once, thus unable to do any one of those things well.

I guess it depends on which side of the fence you’re on. If I owned a Tesla and liked, it wouldn’t matter to me. The closest I got to one, was on a test drive of the Model 3, and it definitely wasn’t for me. I don’t have much faith in the new crop of other electrics because they’re all gonna be first generation vehicles with mega bugs. 🫤

I wonder how much of this poll is influenced by snowflakes being mad at Elon vs. disappointed with Teslas? I don't have a dog in this fight, having enough ICE vehicles to last at least a decade, but from a cursory inspection, warts and all, nobody seems to currently produce an EV comparable to Tesla.
FWIW, Dave Adamy, Mr. Money Mustache, a herald of living on the cheap in order to retire young just bought a Model Y. He was a big proponent of bicycles for local travel, and old cheap cars for distance travel. He wrote about 5 pages in his blog justifying his purchase, and still was darned to Heck by his followers for (pick one) spending money, ruining the planet (not kidding), and worse; fighting government censorship.
I think your right on it.....'Snowflakes' don't like free speech and Musk does.

He's been an eccentric all his life, so buying Twitter wasn't exactly out of character for him, IMO.

I think people/investors are concerned that he's trying to do too many things at once, thus unable to do any one of those things well.

I agree. He was all over the place but IMO it was ultimately twitter that tanked his reputation with the general public. Once his views on twitter and speech were released, all I thought of was "here we go..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back