Tesla sales took a 39% bath in 3rd quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any consideration given to the possibility that the group of people that are interested in the certain product that becomes famous overnight .... that everyone has one by a certain time and demand sinks?

Tesla's USA growth was focused on the Model 3 sedan with incentives
Sedan sales are on a steady decline as consumers move to CUVs/SUVs and M3 incentives are down at least 50%.
Model Y should help Tesla in the US - but execution of the launch will need to go well.

I paid 1.95 a gallon for regular unleaded at the exxon on beltway 8 in Houston last month, if that keeps up i expect all electric and hybrid car sales take a nose dive...

Originally Posted by wdn
Telsa sales down 39% in third quarter, seems like the bloom is off the rose. Ouch..

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/29/reu...tumbled-39-percent-in-third-quarter.html

"core demand is fading relative to other regions"

TSLA closed down 3-1/2% today.

You do not have all the facts. Year or year sales are up. The stock price is nearly at an all-time high. The China plant is about to come online and Tesla is looking to build its next plant in Germany. Should be open in a year or so.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/business/tesla-sales.html

Last edited:
Seems OP needs to learn to read. US revenue is down 39%, not sales or company.
"The company said it delivered 97,000 new cars in the third quarter, a rise of almost 2 percent from the previous period. Production rose to 96,155 cars, a 10 percent increase."

US car sales are flat to down for most automakers.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
I paid 1.95 a gallon for regular unleaded at the exxon on beltway 8 in Houston last month, if that keeps up i expect all electric and hybrid car sales take a nose dive...

Gas prices in Texas and a "handful" of Southern States are not indicative of what others pay on the East and West Coast and the Rocky Mountain States.

CostCo/Sam's Club current price for 85 regular is $2.51 in the Salt Lake area. I just checked the CostCo in the area I moved from in So. Cal-it's currently $3.59.

When I pulled my trailer around the country full time for 7 months (about 8 years ago) Texas had the lowest gas prices in the country.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jimzz
"The company said it delivered 97,000 new cars in the third quarter, a rise of almost 2 percent from the previous period. Production rose to 96,155 cars, a 10 percent increase."

It's a very poorly written article by CNBC.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by Jimzz

It's a very poorly written article by CNBC.

Sure is....

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by DuckRyder

Gas prices in Texas and a "handful" of Southern States are not indicative of what others pay on the East and West Coast and the Rocky Mountain States.

I paid $2.31 a gallon here in New Hampshire yesterday. Not a big premium over Texas prices.

In before the lock.

I like Tesla but I don't think I can stomach the cost. Then again I like Mercedes and BMW but I also cannot stomach the cost. You don't buy a Tesla to save money, that's Prius and Leaf and Bolt.

Don't forget the international market and outside of the lower cost gasoline in the US. Most of the world charge heavily on fuel tax to pay for infrastructure and energy security cost and risk. Many countries also tax gasoline cars by a huge amount, but not electric car, so that's some growth for EV there.

Alabama is probably not Tesla's target market anyways. They are going after those people buying Porsche and Mercedes and BMW, not Corolla and Civics, and not Tahoe and Expedition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back