Tesla Model 3 Driving Guide

Originally Posted by UncleDave

Ive read all that and frankly there isn't much to see, and that was a model S thing primarily.

"The special feature" is up to the owner to spring for - or not.

Kinda nice to even have that option - no one else lets you retrofit infotainment systems with a factory blessing.

I would love to put the 18 infotainment screen in my 17 Ridgeline - but its not available at any price.
Same with my lexus - upgrades not available.

UD

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/f...las-due-to-excessive-data-logging-report

The mcu1 fault repair is not optional.

The mcu1 fault bricks Teslas.

And the bigger memory capacity in mcu2 only pushes out the problem, doesn't fix it.

Would not want that option for any of my fleet.

Originally Posted by Danno
Originally Posted by UncleDave

Ive read all that and frankly there isn't much to see, and that was a model S thing primarily.

"The special feature" is up to the owner to spring for - or not.

Kinda nice to even have that option - no one else lets you retrofit infotainment systems with a factory blessing.

I would love to put the 18 infotainment screen in my 17 Ridgeline - but its not available at any price.
Same with my lexus - upgrades not available.

UD

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/f...las-due-to-excessive-data-logging-report

The mcu1 fault repair is not optional.

The mcu1 fault bricks Teslas.

And the bigger memory capacity in mcu2 only pushes out the problem, doesn't fix it.

Would not want that option for any of my fleet.

It is an upgrade - the first article you linked says - "Tesla Finally Offers Infotainment Upgrade For MCUv1-Equipped Cars"
It allows for new features like streaming while charging.

One Could replace the older part as well - the V1. The new part ends with V2.

Looks like the price in the latest article you quoted is going down, and that a third party has a fix as well.

"Today, it looks like Tesla will fix the problem if you're within the warranty, and outside-of-warranty repairs can cost $1,800 to $3,000, depending on your location. Tesla's method is to replace the entire MCU. "

Whats this have to do with driving the model 3?

I wouldn't want a late model hemi with oiling problems either, but we all buy what we want.

UD

Last edited:
As of last week, the Tesla Model 3 outsold both the Honda Civic and the Toyota Camry in the passenger car category in California, the largest market in the USA. They were also the best seller in their price category, beating the pants off of BMW, Audi and Lexus.
And they just lowered the price of that model. What do you think sales figures will look like by the end of Q4 ?

If Tesla is having reliability issues I think we will be well aware of it very soon. You now have a statistically greater sample than there has been in the past and if Tesla isn't on their game they won't be able to continue such stellar growth.

It won't be long until we see 600 mile range and their V2G (vehicle to grid) technology in place further strengthening their market position.
They are so far ahead of the competition that it isn't even a horse race.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

How many cars recognize stop signs, signal light status and traffic cones in real time?

The Audi does this part apparently, but obviously not the rest of it:

[Linked Image]

My understanding is the Audi Driver Assistance is stellar. The cameras can recognize speed limits and other traffic items in real time.
The cars can also react in limited ways such as speed reduction. The excellent Honda Sensing system is similar.
The Audi system can even connect with local traffic control systems where available. Currently this will enable better hitting green lights and will add functionality.
They are sure to improve which can only make driving safer for all.

OVERKILL, I am sure you will have a long tutorial when you take delivery of your incredible Audi.
I eagerly await your review of the functionality. These cars are amazing, so much more than electric drive train.
I believe this is the part many people are missing.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

OVERKILL, I am sure you will have a long tutorial when you take delivery of your incredible Audi.
I eagerly await your review of the functionality. These cars are amazing, so much more than electric drive train.
I believe this is the part many people are missing.

Well, the expectation is I will pick it up tomorrow so I will definitely keep you updated once I'm driving it
thumbsup2.gif

Just watched the new EE vid on new Tesla Roadster with the "cold thrust package". Very cool how they use it to help keep the tires from losing traction.

Back