TES 295 ATF in a PS calling for DEXIII

I know in the past the TES-295 carried a DEXIII approval. Does anyone know if the TES295 SPEC changed recently or is the formulation still "compatible or suitable" to use in DEXIII applications? I also plan on using it on a 2012 Silverado PS pump that calls for some GM part#. I have Delvac 1 ATF I plan on using.

I wonder why the manufacturers of TES295 don't say compatible with DEXIII I know they cant say licensed?

I know in the past the TES-295 carried a DEXIII approval. Does anyone know if the TES295 SPEC changed recently or is the formulation still "compatible or suitable" to use in DEXIII applications? I also plan on using it on a 2012 Silverado PS pump that calls for some GM part#. I have Delvac 1 ATF I plan on using.

I wonder why the manufacturers of TES295 don't say compatible with DEXIII I know they cant say licensed?
Why should they? TES295 is intended for other applications, I doubt those blenders care at all about an outdated GM license.

Why should they? TES295 is intended for other applications, I doubt those blenders care at all about an outdated GM license.
Reach a broader market segment, its called sales! There are still many applications that call for DEXIII and harder to find a replacement.
Did you have an answer to my original question? "Does anyone know if the TES295 SPEC changed recently or is the formulation still "compatible or suitable" to use in DEXIII applications?"

Reach a broader market segment, its called sales! There are still many applications that call for DEXIII and harder to find a replacement.
Did you have an answer to my original question? "Does anyone know if the TES295 SPEC changed recently or is the formulation still "compatible or suitable" to use in DEXIII applications?"
If your application previously listed Dexron III then Dexron VI is the correct replacement. I still don’t think the blenders thst produce TES295 care one bit about this application.

If you really want to try and find out an answer to your question then call a blender and ask.

Looking around a lot of blenders or manufacturers that sell actual TES295 fluid are still recommending it for former Dexron III applications. Which one(s) are you looking at that do not?

Looking around a lot of blenders or manufacturers that sell actual TES295 fluid are still recommending it for former Dexron III applications. Which one(s) are you looking at that do not?
This is the Fluid that I have. NO Mention of DEXIII

Castrol mentions DEX III
BP Also:

Phillips66 Does Not

So it appears some manufacturers recommend it as a DEXIII replacement and others make no mention. Most likely safe to use the DELVAC 1 ATF as a DEXIII replacement. I can not see their formulas varying that much if the all meet TES-295 and TES-468 and half the manufacturers explicitly claim compatibility with OLDER DEXIII.

I run the Maxlife ATF in the power steering of the Maxima and soon in the PS of the Corolla too.
Has anyone been able to get the Delvac 1 syn ATF at a comparable price to say Maxlife ATF?

I run the Maxlife ATF in the power steering of the Maxima and soon in the PS of the Corolla too.
Has anyone been able to get the Delvac 1 syn ATF at a comparable price to say Maxlife ATF?
AAP selling at Wally World online has it for $33 per gallon. Don't know if that is a good price or not.

AAP is clearing CQ Full Syn DEX VI at $5.99/quart And CQ Global MV Full Syn at $4.15/quart. Both should work well.

I’m all for keeping the PS fluid in top shape. Just not sure TES-295 adds any benefit.

Not at normal retail prices. Because TES-295 is a lot of PAO where I think Maxlife is more Group III. But the Maxlife is still good stuff at a good price and more than adequate for 95% of the stuff we talk about here on BITOG.

It's a severe duty Allison spec ATF.....They don't need to advertise a now outdated specification. I use it all my vehicles.

GM actually calls for PSF, But I've had BETTER performance out of TES-295 fluid in EVERY GM (Saginaw) power steering system so far. And the Avalon that calls for Dexron III is smooth as butter with TES-295

Back