Tensioner Pulley

Hello,

Hope you are all well and staying safe during these crazy times. I was looking for a belt tensioner pulley for my 2006 Ml 500. I looked on RockAuto and I could only find a URO tensioner pulley. Now, I have read some not so good things about URO parts in general, however, their tensioner pulley uses NTN bearings which is a very reputable brand of bearings.

I wanted your guys' intake on this. If URO is no good, then can someone redirect me to a site that gives quality (INA/Conti/Gates/Dayco) tensioner pulleys? I checked out the tensioner and what not, it has a good feel to it still, doesn't wobble or hop on idle or underload, hence why I feel there is no need to replace the entire tensioner.

Any opinion or reccomendation is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

The URO stuff is awful crap, don't buy it get this one and sleep well.

I looked just now at rockauto website and saw a Continental and a Gates listing for your pulley.

As an alternative, can you have the old bearing pressed out and replaced by a good one (like SKF or Timken?) That's what we did back in the day 15 years ago.

FCP Euro as Trav recommended. The INA pulleys are good on my S600.

You may find that the dealer is very competitive on some parts. Oil filters, and serpentine belts, for example, are cheaper there than anywhere else. I would talk with the parts guys, get to know them, they can be a huge help. They can even give you a discount.

The Uro parts I’ve tried on my Volvos have all been a disappointment.

Just for info. Beck/Arnley used to rebox some decent stuff but when I started finding URO parts in B/A boxes that was it for me.
To much trouble to return and wait for another part you bought weeks ago to do the job today. The whole business just makes for a lousy day.

Agree URO is generally no good. Wouldn’t touch anything rubber from them if avoidable. They do seem to be trying to improve quality and availability of certain parts that are hard to find. An example is a proper fit blower motor/cage for older Mercedes. But that’s a part that is easy to replace so may be worth the risk. Anything that requires real mechanical work, and/or could cause other damage is not a good bet...

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies and input, greatly appreciated! Yeah, I will avoid URO, not worth the headache.

I think Gates is OEM for many of those parts on Mercedes. It never occurred to me to just change the pulley on the tensioner. I changed out the entire setup, idler pulleys, tensioner and belt. The OE set only lasted me 60k on one car, a tad over 100k on the other. I'd consider them wear items and just change them all out. When they went, one day they were fine, the next day they started making noise. I originally used Continental in one car and Gates in the other.

Hey y'all. Hope you are all well. Decided to use this thread to ask a similar question.

Looking for a tensioner pulley for a 2004 Toyota Corolla. Rock auto as two listed, 12mm and 14mm, issue is I cannot figure out which one has to be used. It's a Corolla CE. I looked around and can't figure it out. Help is appreciated as always.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 10
Hey y'all. Hope you are all well. Decided to use this thread to ask a similar question.

Looking for a tensioner pulley for a 2004 Toyota Corolla. Rock auto as two listed, 12mm and 14mm, issue is I cannot figure out which one has to be used. It's a Corolla CE. I looked around and can't figure it out. Help is appreciated as always.
Can you measure the one you have on there now?

On the 4Runners, you need to look at the Mark on the pulleys used on your vehicle and order the appropriate replacement. I as able to stick my phone down there and take a pic.
379022d1616211831-idler-part-numbers-1551c019-89c9-465c-a88b-76d354a72ea4-jpg
379021d1616211648-idler-part-numbers-4c7776c9-f288-42e1-b90d-39809ee8bf6c-jpg

On the 4Runners, you need to look at the Mark on the pulleys used on your vehicle and order the appropriate replacement. I as able to stick my phone down there and take a pic.
379022d1616211831-idler-part-numbers-1551c019-89c9-465c-a88b-76d354a72ea4-jpg
379021d1616211648-idler-part-numbers-4c7776c9-f288-42e1-b90d-39809ee8bf6c-jpg
Awesome, thanks for this! I appreciate that you went out of your way to convey this with a photo. God bless and I will go check it out when the car cools down a bit.

Back