Tenderloin dinner for two, with wine, under $29

@GON
I forgot to offer a suggestion, if you like blue cheese. Mix blue cheese with just enough lightly softened butter to make a thick paste like consistency. Put that on top of the steak for the last few minutes of cooking.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
@racer12306- I'm interested in how you use this method to get two levels of doneness. Are you putting the more rare steak on the stove later for the sear? Less time in the oven?

I like my plate to look like a crime scene when the steak is put on it (rare). My wife is much closer to medium.
I think it allows for a much easier control of the timing. I use two small pans (8”). If you Google approximate times in the oven you can do the couple minutes per side then in the oven. It’s even easier when you may not have to be as precise with the temp.

Edit: I should add the sear is the same regardless of final temp, then after the sear it goes in oven for different length depending on your planned final temp.

Last edited:
GON...in my area it takes about $150,000 to get a livable home. Too close to Omaha / Council Bluffs and it is a "bedroom town" so to speak.

She took me to her trailer the other day to see where she lives. Pretty new and fairly nice. But it was about 55F in there because she has no $ to fill the propane tank. Trying to heat off two electric heaters. Not working well, plus no gas hot water. It has to suck having no hot water.

I need to find out her propane situation, in a non embarrassing manor. Around here, if the tank is leased, nobody else will fill it except the tank owner. If she owns the tank, we can go on the open market for propane purchase.

I just want to buy her propane, without her knowing where it came from. Don't want her to think that she owes me. She is a really sweet little gal with three lovely Daughters, though I have only met the two younger ones. Even invited me to church with them and her Daughter's volleyball games!
Well...I pulled it off!:) She was past due like $67 and the gas was shut off. I deposited $500 into her account and that should make them thru winter. What a PIA to pay someone elses bill these days! They were asking for her account number, last 4 numbers of her SS, etc. I have none of that!

If I was trying to borrow under her name, I understand! But trying to pay a bill makes no sense. Must have been on the phone for 2 hours. Nice people, but very frustrating. Especially because I did not want her to know where the $ was coming from. Hopefully we got it nailed.

I'm sure her and the girls will appreciate some heat and a hot shower. I figure what comes around, goes around. Some day I could be in the same situation, but I hope not!

• Love
Reactions: GON
Man if you were my neighbor, you'd eventually get tired of me showing up unannounced for dinner haha!

I love PictSweet frozen vegetables, it's all I buy! I buy their asparagus and halved brussels sprouts all the time. 😋

You would need to retitle your post, "Tenderloin dinner for three":D
ACSM,

You are welcome for dinner anytime! I might not let you pick the music being played at dinner though.......

Your post made me remember time I spent on one of Fiji's remote islands. The island was 100 percent indigenous Fijians. The rule/ custom on the Island is one always eats with their door open- so anybody that is hungry gets fed. Indigenous Fijian people have a communal society. Not sure if it is the same today- the world is changing, especially the sharing of information through technology.

And of two supplemental notes on Fiji- the men are very, very tough. I learned real quickly not to mess with them even in a "play" match. Powerful people. And finally, no matter they say to get you to drink it, that it is a custom, or whatever- NEVER drink the Kava drink. I was sick for days after drinking Kava one night- as they were all taking rounds of shots with me. Horrible feeling and amazed the stuff is not illegal. I am sure they laughed for days at me drinking all that Kava.

Kava is a beverage or extract made from the Piper methysticum plant. In the South Pacific, it's a popular drink that is used in ceremonies for relaxation. The name "kava" comes from the Polynesian word "awa," which means bitter. Kava affects the brain and other parts of the central nervous system.

That's our everyday red wine. Very drinkable, great value IMHO.

How much sugar in that "bread"?
Not terrible:

Bread:Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Salt, Yeast, Malt Syrup, Wheat Gluten, Corn Meal.

Spread:Soybean Oil, Water, Palm Oil, Garlic*, Salt, Parmesan Cheese (Part Skim Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Mono and Diglycerides, Parsley*, Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Whey, Beta Carotene, Added for Color.

53 S,

Glad you are going to have a nice meal with your brother! Nice to read you are taking a second look at your beverage choices- a nice closeout hefeweizen (on clearance) will surely be something special when compared to that alcohol water you drink that somehow gets labeled and marketed as a beer. Heck, maybe you should look into dumpster diving in Pottsville, PA. I wonder what one could find in their dumpster.😁

Take pictures of the meal!

My deer meat will go to make some chili and other steaks/roasts in crock pot. Brother smokes some and makes jerky and jerky snack links

Back