Tankless Hot Water Heater Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link tom slick...That would have helped a lot of people around here for sure...One condo owner had to go a motel for 2 months after the tank above them gave out and no one was around to catch it till a month later as everyone was away during that time period...Not a nice thing to come home to.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Sorry its on a 120 circuit...It was really meant to be on a 220.

If this is true that it needs to be fixed ASAP. That would mean it's NOT up to code and whoever installed it did it wrong/illegally. This would be extremely dangerous. If every condo is hooked up this way then you're living in a death trap.

Are you sure you aren't confusing it with a 220v plug? (more likely 208v in a place like that) Some of the old style 220 plugs look very very much like a 110v plug, that's why they changed the standard a few years ago to get rid of the confusion.

And yeah, any water heater installed in the 90s at least, MUST be installed and plumbed in such a way that if the water leaks, it will harmlessly flow into a drain, rather than ruining a condo.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS

You're getting that bent out of shape over a water heater discussion? Pal, you need some serious help.

No, I actually am "bent" because some liar misconstrued my point to suit his own needs while calling me a liar. An honest man would understand that.

It appears that Pop_Rivit has made an excellent observation.

Liar? Grow up, please. This isn't the place where 6 year olds hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back