Taking Maaco paint job through automatic wash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies guys! Back when my old 330ci was going to the dealer for the free oil changes they washed it even though I asked them not too. I was amazed that the brake dust on the wheels that I couldn't get to budge was gone. So was all the wax the car had on it. Only automatic car wash I've ever had and then I didn't see it; must have been out back.

Originally Posted by double vanos
Thanks for the replies guys! Back when my old 330ci was going to the dealer for the free oil changes they washed it even though I asked them not too. I was amazed that the brake dust on the wheels that I couldn't get to budge was gone. So was all the wax the car had on it. Only automatic car wash I've ever had and then I didn't see it; must have been out back.

Another hallmark of cleaners containing hydrofluoric acid.

Well, I ended up washing it myself. It's a balmy 65F today and I enjoyed throwing on my shorts and flip flops
smile.gif

I had my 86 Blazer repainted the original black about 20 years ago at Macao in Henderson NV. It was a highly recognized shop. Paint was advertised as an integral black it was beautiful and durable. I never used brush type washes only laser and hand wash. 650.00 prep and palnt. No body work.

Why not check with Maaco and ask what type of car wash they recommend? I'm pretty sure in 2020 that their paint job can hold up to a car wash.

It's nice to wash your car yourself but I'm not sure how you get the undercarriage. So many states in the NE are salt happy you need the undercarriage sprayed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back