Tailgate nets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wirelessF
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
dude tailgates are expensive. on certain ford trucks you have to order each part individually and then get them painted. its always fun when sales takes one in for trade without a tailgate, we have such a high turnover of sales people that the story does not make it to the newbs.

How much for an F250 tailgate?

year? they usually range from 1500-3500 depending on year, options, plus bodywork.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hone eagle
Hose clamp on the pin/hinge

I've done that. It won't stop a determined thief, but it will slow them down and might make them get nervous and move on to easier pickings.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

How much for an F250 tailgate?

year? they usually range from 1500-3500 depending on year, options, plus bodywork. [/quote]

I believe it.
When I was at the Chrysler dealer it was very common for the doors on the Jeep Wranglers to get stolen.
Very expensive to replace as the shell and all internal parts had to be ordered separately and pieced together. Very time consuming too.
One of the worst jobs I ever did was try to build new seats on a new Dodge RAM that got stolen. 3 days to put it all together!

Mythbusters did a test on the net,it gains in fuel mileage claimed by the manufactuar of the net and it is true.Same with rims,one dealer Dodge dealership had Dodge trucks stolen for the rims,2006 models and the thieves were caught.

I do the hose clamp thing too. You can install it so that the only way it can be removed is to lie under the truck. Most thieves would probably find easier pickins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back