Loading/Hauling an ATV in Pickup

The whole 1000 lbs is never on the tailgate.

It’s spread out over ramps, the bed, etc.

If the tailgate is rated for 750 lbs, it can probably do 1200 or more. Rarely is a consumer safety factor less than 2x.

Just purchased this dude... pick it up early next week. It's 'wet weight' is a tick over 1,000 lbs.

As I stated, my ramps are rated for 750lbs or 1,500lbs together. Hope the tailgate handles the loading.

View attachment 160431
My stepson got a Polaris 700 quad just like that. The tailgate on my ‘19 F150 took it just fine. Not sure about the tailgate limit, but it did not bend down or flex as the quad was crossing it.

It was easy peasy!!!!

Heck, with my heavy duty rear springs and air bags, my 1/2 ton Ram didn't even squat with the 1,000 lbs in the bed.

You will laugh... since I am 100% new to ATV's, it was a little unnerving to back it off the truck on my rails. As with most things in life, I shall get use to it.

I guess one good point to remember is to make sure your ramps are anchored in some way. I have a friend that had ramps slide out loading a quad. Thankfully not hurt but not something one would want to go through.

Back