T-IV ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Astro14
It would really help if we knew "why" you want a T-IV? What are you putting it in that requires a T-IV? Some AW, I suspect...

I am strict on the use of a JWS-3309 fluid in my Volvos, they require it and the AW55-50SN trans is known for "issues", but I have none of those issues because I do a cooler line flush every 30K with genuine Toyota T-IV (which I buy at my local dealer and which meets JWS-3309). Is it "medium" or "good" or "really, super, kind of good dino/synthetic"...I really don't care...

It meets spec, it works, the trans is up to 163,000 miles (in the XC, 138,000 in the T5) with no issues while I hear the crying over failed transmissions from all the other XC owners on the forum I belong to...

+1 I use only T-IV/JWS-3309 in the U151E on my '06 Sienna. No issues. It meets spec, and it does the job. I refresh it with annual drain and fills. If it came with a fluid from the factory known to cause issues, then I would consider something else, but it is doing the job well, so I have no reason to look at another fluid.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
It would really help if we knew "why" you want a T-IV? What are you putting it in that requires a T-IV?

T-IV is what's called for in an '04 Corolla...

FWIW, and this is based on my own personal experiences over the years, but the people I've known who have had problems with their auto trannies usually had those problems because they neglected to change their fluid on a normal basis. IMO, if you change your fluid often you probably aren't going to have any tranny problems no matter what brand of fluid you're using, so long as you're using the correct type, and if you do have problems, more than likely the tranny failure would've occured due to being a poorly built tranny, not because it had the wrong brand of fluid in it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back