T-850 transmission (Neon SRT-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooligan, if you're feeling like to spend some money, go to the BEE EMMM doubleU dealer and grab a jug of the above.

Sad when you have to choose between shift quality or protection.

You haven't tried BG SynchroshiftII.... but I expect it to be identical to the RL MTL or Ams MTF in performance... typical 75w80 fluid.

Torco MTF is the same visc as ATF. Its worth a try.

There's also Neo MTF, Synmax SAE10 Synchromesh/MTF and a bunch of others.

I really should have sent in samples for analysis to see how they protect. Maybe next time, I will head to the BMW dealer for some fluid. I have just been so happy with the Redline, that I dont think I will need a change. It has worked well in winter and now at 100 degree daily temps. Not only that, I can buy the redline and amsoil right off the shelf with a couple miles from my home. $9.99 a quart for redline, and $9.49 for the Amsoil

Coming back and going over this thread. It was brought up to me that I might want to try doing a 50/50 mix of RedLine C+ATF and MTL. Thoughts?

I have since put in the Pennzoil Synchromesh and I am very happy with the shift quality. It shifts the same cold as it does when it's at operating temp, like butter. I may still try the Red Line C+ATF, but I can't imagine it being any better as far as shift quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back