T-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was pretty good. Lots of action and they did a good bit of explaining and setting up for the first movie. Kind of a prequel in the future. They didn't mess with time line the way ST did...thankfully.

Action was good and the movie was entertaining to me. A few holes here and there but nothing major. MUCH better than T3. The hot fighter pilot helped..LOL

If you like the T movies I would recommend to see it in the theater. I'll probably see it again.

buster, have you seen the documentary that's on a T1 DVD? It's amazing how relatively low-budget that movie was and how primitive their special effects were (by today's standards).

Originally Posted By: Tempest
I thought it was pretty good. Lots of action and they did a good bit of explaining and setting up for the first movie. Kind of a prequel in the future. They didn't mess with time line the way ST did...thankfully.

Action was good and the movie was entertaining to me. A few holes here and there but nothing major. MUCH better than T3. The hot fighter pilot helped..LOL

If you like the T movies I would recommend to see it in the theater. I'll probably see it again.

Nothing but holes made up the story. Action by itself may be satisfying for a 12 year old, but most adults want a bit more, I believe.

Marcus can swim. He lacks the buoyancy to swim!

Why are HK bikes built to accommodate human riders?

Where does the Resistance get all their high tech gadgets? How do they maintain and keep operable A10 aircraft and Bell helicopters?

Why do humans light fires in the dark where they camp out? Something stupid like this would certainly attract HKs.

Why is Cyberdyne so poorly protected? It appears there are about three T600 and one T-800 roaming the Cyberdyne premises.

The Skynet (Cyberdyne) main facility is built for humans with doors, chairs(!), electronic interfaces, and monitors.

Inside the T-800 factory, the smelting furnace is located right next to a huge liquid nitrogen tank and next to nuclear fuel cells! Who is running this operation? Tempest?
grin2.gif

Open heart transplant surgery in what barely constitutes a tent? Anti-rejection drugs are available? Give me a break, my head is about to burst from so much nonsense!

The main time travel paradox stinks: If JC fails to save KR, will JC dissolve into thin air like Marty McFly almost did in BTTF?

Good site regarding time travel in movies: http://www.mjyoung.net/time/timeprim.html

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Very odd review since you were completely dismissive of such things in your ST review...

First of all, this wasn't a review. It was a commentary. As for the timeline in the ST movie, the timeline has been played around, even tampered with, countless times. Time travel, time loops, time travel paradoxons -- it's all been part of ST over the decades. The time travel element in ST is a merely an element that drives the plot. The movie really is about the characters.

The Terminator movies have never even tried to make much sense out of the time travel device. And of course, time travel is again merely a plot device, but in T4 it's given an overly important aspect that at closer examination falls flat to the point of being ridiculous: "I am JC. I must live at all cost. Give me a new heart, or all of humanity is doomed."
grin2.gif
If it weren't for the obvious lack of a compelling story and a bunch of mostly "meh" characters, the plot holes and lack of content wouldn't be so annoying. Nothing is more disappointing than a highly polished turd, crisp in focus, in a super-clean DLP projection.

Here are my ratings (all things considered):

The Terminator, A
Terminator 2: Judgement Day, A-
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, C-
Terminator Salvation, C

TTSCC: B

Back to TSCC, I thought that Donald, Where's Your Trousers clip they did was great.

Kinda reminds me of my first trip to the US... I was living with a family that had a 5-year-old. Her vocabulary was at about the same level as mine. I could communicate with her better than with anyone else in the house. :)

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
They had some moments of ..hmmmm...poignant greatness. That was one of them.

It's amazing how just the other day you claimed to probably have seen only one episode, yet your are, or believe to be, familiar with this scene, that scene, and the other scene. My intuition tells me you are a closet fanboy, uh fanman. You've seen it all.
grin2.gif

I bought the entire series and have viewed it several times. What are you talking about
54.gif

I can't quire recall ..oh, yes. There was a ST post and somehow it morphed over to Terminator (I think) and someone said that the series was a waste. I went to Hulu and managed to grab 12 episodes ..without commercial interruption ..and found it had some content worth watching after you filtered a few things for ..hmmm ..well, got past some cliche items .. I never saw a full episode on broadcast. Figuring out that the Hulu offering as a "floating" thing ..and that you lost episodes as they put new ones up, I decided to buy both seasons off of Amazon.

I've discovered many interesting things

Did you know that there's a peregrine falcon nest on the north side of this buildings 23rd floor?

20!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
buster, have you seen the documentary that's on a T1 DVD? It's amazing how relatively low-budget that movie was and how primitive their special effects were (by today's standards).

I haven't but will check it out. Thanks!
cheers3.gif

I bought the entire series and have viewed it several times. What are you talking about
54.gif

Your memory isn't what it (maybe) used to be.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
54.gif

Your memory isn't was it (maybe) used to be.

I viewed it in a very short time frame. It may be the time compression that caught you off guard. I never watched a full episode on broadcast cable. It was in the wrong time slot for me. Hmmm...that may be untrue. I may have managed to catch the last episode or two ..but since I've seen all of them at least twice (skipping some parts I don't need to see again) ..the hindsight vision may be blurred ..but is essentially correct.

I think the only original broadcast episode that I caught a piece of was the traffic jammer chip thing ..hmmm...Vick's Chip. I came in when they pulled Cameron's. I had never seen the story develop from before that and I could not wrap around it from that small sliver.

I saw everything

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: BrianWC
Tiepoh!

Yes, you made one, hot, steamy big boy! That was quick editing there you Adonis!
LOL.gif

Aw shucks, anytime!

Eye keh-haught-it! Know xcape!!! (snorting ach)

Quote:
Your memory isn't was it (maybe) used to be.

Originally Posted By: BrianWC
Yes, you made one, hot, steamy big boy! That was quick editing there you Adonis!
LOL.gif

You forgot to place a comma before "you Adonis."
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back