T-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: moribundman
I bought the entire series and have viewed it several times. What are you talking about
54.gif

Your memory isn't was it (maybe) used to be.

I viewed it in a very short time frame. It may be the time compression that caught you off guard. I never watched a full episode on broadcast cable. It was in the wrong time slot for me. Hmmm...that may be untrue. I may have managed to catch the last episode or two ..but since I've seen all of them at least twice (skipping some parts I don't need to see again) ..the hindsight vision may be blurred ..but is essentially correct.

I think the only original broadcast episode that I caught a piece of was the traffic jammer chip thing ..hmmm...Vick's Chip. I came in when they pulled Cameron's. I had never seen the story develop from before that and I could not wrap around it from that small sliver.

I saw everything

It's good to know you keep yourself busy with things other than doing homely chores and keeping the desk chair warm 24/7.
grin2.gif

I bought the entire series and have viewed it several times. What are you talking about
54.gif

Your memory isn't was it (maybe) used to be.

I viewed it in a very short time frame. It may be the time compression that caught you off guard. I never watched a full episode on broadcast cable. It was in the wrong time slot for me. Hmmm...that may be untrue. I may have managed to catch the last episode or two ..but since I've seen all of them at least twice (skipping some parts I don't need to see again) ..the hindsight vision may be blurred ..but is essentially correct.

I think the only original broadcast episode that I caught a piece of was the traffic jammer chip thing ..hmmm...Vick's Chip. I came in when they pulled Cameron's. I had never seen the story develop from before that and I could not wrap around it from that small sliver.

I saw everything

It's good to know you keep yourself busy with things other than doing homely chores and keeping the desk chair warm 24/7.
grin2.gif

Well, I do like to keep busy .....
45.gif

You forgot to tell me if you received my invitation to the sausage fest
LOL.gif

Did I?
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: BrianWC

You forgot to tell me if you received my invitation to the sausage fest
LOL.gif

Did I?
blush.gif

Your sausage is not welcome here.
grin2.gif

I was very disappointed with the movie. Although the graphics were very good, I found the movie to lack plot and it didn't capture me as did T1/T2 did. I also wasn't a fan of T3 for pretty much the same reasons.

I dunno, maybe its just me, but the movies of today don't seem to grab me and entertain me the same way they did in the late 80's / early 90's.

They just seem to be thrown together for the sake of profits and not have a solid story line or leave you talking about it for days like the old ones do.

Some movies do, but these are far and few between and not usually the blockbusters like T4 should be.

21.gif

Well, Steve, I don't think what constitutes a "good movie" is clearly defined. Given the way over the top popularity with silly reality shows and heavy weight wrestling, I think that our standards have changed. You've got 2nd gen (GEN-X) television kids that are now adults with children.

Movies that entertained me (very well) that I thought were totally stupid - most required well beyond "reasonable suspension of belief".

Judge Dredd
Demolition Man
Anything with Arnie - other than T1
RoboCop (dark comedy at its best-and probably the one that requires the least RSOB for the setting)
Starship Troopers (again, dark comedy at its best -MEDIC!)
The 5th Element (borderline-but sorta worked)
The Mad Max films

None of those were masterpieces ..like Bladerunner ..or 2001 ASO where you could take the content seriously. They had massive doses of "absurd" (either setting or humor content).

You've got 2nd gen (GEN-X) television kids that are now adults with children.

... some of whom are incapable of rustling some tap water when dining abroad.
crackmeup2.gif

You've got 2nd gen (GEN-X) television kids that are now adults with children.

... some of whom are incapable of rustling some tap water when dining abroad.
crackmeup2.gif

Or changing their oil on time.
grin2.gif

I think mori is referring to my (all 2nd hand) notions that "cold drinks" are an oxymoron in Europe. Naturally, he immediately cites a dozen places within 2meters of his location ..anywhere in greater Europe... where he can ..immediately... acquire a cold drink.

The fact that every TOURIST, including my ex-VP of sales, my wife, and my daughter, all confirmed that, as commonplace as it would be here, it was conspicuously absent (or at least, not apparent) on their visits to Europe. This was in 4 or 5 star accommodations. Lukewarm
37.gif
appeared to be their way of getting Americans to leave ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back