Synthetic blend with the highest synthetic oil concentration?

Years ago I called KENDALL and was told by them . You can do the same to see if it's still the same mix ( percentage ) . Toll free .

Thanks for the replies guys. Being a noob I learned today that even full synthetic oil is not 100% synthetic oil, so these companies are misleading the customers with their " full synthetic oil" marketing. Given the small differences between base oils from group I, II and III, almost everything is a "synthetic blends".

Thanks for the replies guys. Being a noob I learned today that even full synthetic oil is not 100% synthetic oil, so these companies are misleading the customers with their " full synthetic oil" marketing. Given the small differences between base oils from group I, II and III, almost everything is a "synthetic blends".
Sure.

There are not small differences in the base stock Group designations, you don't understand the reality at all. Besides, despite the desire to do so, the oil performance isn't wholly defined by the base stock composition. That's what oils have licenses and approvals.

You could always try the New Black bottle of the Valvoline Max life 150k. I am by no means a valvolving guy, but I've been told it helps out the high mileage vehicles and has more high mileage additives than the regular Valvoline Max life. That would be my suggestion or you could just try 10w30 Max life full synthetic and call it a day. Don't overthink it just do it and go on about your day

Ive also heard that a synthetic blend oil has to be at least 10% synthetic to be labeled as such, and a full synthetic has to be at least 25% to be labeled as such. I have no idea if this is true, but that is what I understand from online sources. We all know how accurate those are....

Ive also heard that a synthetic blend oil has to be at least 10% synthetic to be labeled as such, and a full synthetic has to be at least 25% to be labeled as such. I have no idea if this is true, but that is what I understand from online sources. We all know how accurate those are....
There are no rules, official or otherwise.

There no rules it can have few ml still synthetic blend ( 2 drop full synthetic) it just full synthetic need group 3 and up .

Synthetic is added only in the proportion needed to improve the oil's behavior for the oil to meet x requierement or spec that it wouldn't meet otherwise, oil manufacturers don't just add synthetic for the sake of additing it.

Synthetic is added only in the proportion needed to improve the oil's behavior for the oil to meet x requierement or spec that it wouldn't meet otherwise, oil manufacturers don't just add synthetic for the sake of additing it.
Agreed, I've heard a Group-II 5W30 conventional oil would struggle to meet the requirements of API SN, however add a bit of Group-III and it passes. You now have an API SN 5W30 semi-synthetic.

Similar for ILSAC grades with API SP, even the conventional oils are all semi-synthetic, to pass the test requirements. It's now up to the manufacturers to decide if they want to market it as a semi-synthetic or not.

Reactions: FCD
Back