Synthetic blend with the highest synthetic oil concentration?

Hi Everyone,
Synthetic blend is the "new" conventional oil, so I am using synthetic blend in my 3800 v6 Pontiac grand prix. Currently I am buying the cheapest synthetic blend I could find. Last time I got NAPA synthetic blend 5W30 for $12. Does anyone know which brand of synthetic blend oil has the highest concentration of synthetic oil? There is no information about this " trade secret". Thank you

There are no rules or laws regulating that and I’ve only seen one blender volunteer the percentage. As noted your might as well just go buy a full synthetic oil if that’s a concern. Otherwise go by the licenses, specifications or approvals the oil may or may not hold as an indicator of performance.

I wouldn't sweat it. Any semisyn you run now is miles better than the conventional you ran 10+ years ago. If you want full syn just buy it. The price difference is trivial now when you look at the time frame between change. I will add . AT WALMART. At auto stores thats a different story.

Heck, even the mainstream "synthetic oils" have a hard time in Germany being "real synthetic " vs "synthetic technology ". Recent valvoline shows all group 3 , no group 4 or 5.

Hi Everyone,
Synthetic blend is the "new" conventional oil, so I am using synthetic blend in my 3800 v6 Pontiac grand prix. Currently I am buying the cheapest synthetic blend I could find. Last time I got NAPA synthetic blend 5W30 for $12. Does anyone know which brand of synthetic blend oil has the highest concentration of synthetic oil? There is no information about this " trade secret". Thank you
First of all Synthetic blend is not the "new conventional oil". It is almost always a Group II mixed with Group III base oils. Then an additive package is selected by the blender, and is mixed in. You will have to ask the company about what ratio is used.
The most economical way to boost the semi synthetic is to use an additive such as Bestline, Motorkote, Protecta, or the new stabilizer from Seafoam. One ounce per quart will boost the oils protective qualities. Remember additives do most of the protecting of engine parts.
The second most economical thing you can do is get some full synthetic premium oil such as Amsoil signature or any other PAO based motor oil (buy on sale or at a quantity discount), and mix in a half or full quart into your oil change. PAO is Group IV and is superior in film strength to the others. Change the oil when obviously dark and dirty. The best oil in the world is lousy when dirty.
To directly answer your question, I would guess Torco or Primrose oil company would have the highest ratio favoring the synthetic portion of the motor oil. And they have a robust additive package. But they are not as cheap as oil on sale at a nearby parts store.

First of all Synthetic blend is not the "new conventional oil". It is almost always a Group II mixed with Group III base oils. Then an additive package is selected by the blender, and is mixed in. You will have to ask the company about what ratio is used.
The most economical way to boost the semi synthetic is to use an additive such as Bestline, Motorkote, Protecta, or the new stabilizer from Seafoam. One ounce per quart will boost the oils protective qualities. Remember additives do most of the protecting of engine parts.
The second most economical thing you can do is get some full synthetic premium oil such as Amsoil signature or any other PAO based motor oil (buy on sale or at a quantity discount), and mix in a half or full quart into your oil change. PAO is Group IV and is superior in film strength to the others. Change the oil when obviously dark and dirty. The best oil in the world is lousy when dirty.
To directly answer your question, I would guess Torco or Primrose oil company would have the highest ratio favoring the synthetic portion of the motor oil. And they have a robust additive package. But they are not as cheap as oil on sale at a nearby parts store.
So. You are suggesting that base oils, oil color, and additives are the indicators of oil performance. Got it...

Bunch of unsubstantiated nonsense.

Hi Everyone,
What are you trying to achieve? The better question would be to ask the forum "what conventional oil seems best"- even that would be a fruitless task. Though you may get some opinions from well regarded members.

Just know that the word "Synthetic" does not automatically equal "Magic"

good luck on your quest !

Pennzoil gold used have ( pennzoil gold 50% synthetic and 50% conventional) but with rebates like now pennzoil or buy cheapest full synthetic you can buy. I think today price synthetic blend and full synthetic is so close it will better buy lower tier full synthetic then synthetic blend.

There are no rules or laws regulating that and I’ve only seen one blender volunteer the percentage. As noted your might as well just go buy a full synthetic oil if that’s a concern. Otherwise go by the licenses, specifications or approvals the oil may or may not hold as an indicator of performance.
It's been claimed that a blend must contain at least 10% synthetic to be advertised as a synthetic blend. That may be an FTC requirement or something similar.

No.

I'm just a poor, ignorant dirt farmer from NYC, so would you be kind enough to explain how you've arrived at these conclusions. They are conclusions, not speculations, right?

Back