Synlube VOA Attempt - Set-Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not want to buy this Synlube anyway demarpaint just because of the abusive behavior demonstrated by some of the Synlube fans. When somebody wants me to buy a product from them but is abusive towards other people and me they can keep their product.

And no way would I volunteer to put this stuff in the engine of my car and try to go 40,000 miles with it.

I doubt this Synlube stuff is any good. But even if it was as good as they claim it is I see no advantage of Synlube over other motor oils like Pennzoil Ultra or Mobil 1. One of the Synlube fans said that anybody who did their own oil changes had no life. Well, I have done a lot of oil changes and an oil change is not that big of a deal. There is no real price advantage of Synlube over Pennzoil Ultra or other quality motor oils. The Pennzoil Ultra costs about a fourth or a fifth as much as the Synlube and we know the Pennzoil should be good stuff. I would rather change the oil and make sure I get contaminates out of the engine rather than trying to drive 40,000 miles on one oil change.

When we finally get a UOA or VOA on this stuff I doubt very seriously that it will appear as a good oil after the testing.

As far as I am concerned the Synlube people can keep their mystery oil in Mercury Nevada or LV Nevada or in someboy's garage or wherever they come from.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny
How you going to get the truck load from the NV parking lot to Australia?
grin2.gif

Easy, pick it up at the factory with a borrowed UFO from Area 51, it's just a few miles from Mercury
50.gif

Much quicker than a UFO. Beam it up, beam it back down. Won't have to move from orbit.

I dropped a sample off to my local UPS store, bruce should receive it tomorrow. A second sample was mailed to Polaris, I should receive the results late this week if not next week.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Must have run out of the old (and I mean old style) Mobil 1 bottles.

Looks like an xcel or an older warren bottle now. ooops, I forgot, they are now using used bottles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mechanicx
How is this oil really SM/GF4? What is the asterick fine print?

Honestly I don't know. There is no label on the back.

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
Originally Posted By: mechanicx
How is this oil really SM/GF4? What is the asterick fine print?

Honestly I don't know. There is no label on the back.

So the SM/GF4 claim is just more false advertising? I can't wait to see the analysis.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Budman
Originally Posted By: XS650

Budman, thank you for your insight into how Synlube does business.

To be fair, what makes my example any different then how Amsoil operates? Amsoil operates as a pure multi-level marketing company and one can't find their product at a STORE either.

When I first moved to Vegas 11 years ago I remember I wanted to try Amsoil for my then new car. I checked Amsoil website and found out they didn't sell in stores and the website gave me phone # of a local 'dealer'. I contacted that person and drove to get some oil. I ended up in an apartment complex, to which I was invited into a small semi-dirty studio apartment and he sold to me from his supply stacked in his closet. Guy was nice but at the time I ALSO thought "ok, that was weird..".

Bottom line is only the biggest of the oil companies with billions can get the marketing and shelf space in major stores.

But of course, Amsoil at least has a headquarters one can visit..

Anyway, I won't be posting much anymore for now. We need to let this simmer down for a bit. I look forward to seeing the UOA of my Synlube from Bruce. I also plan to keep Synlube in my vehicles and will try to pop in here every now and then to keep updated (whether good or bad).
Thanks guys.

I know nothing of Synlube. I will not put them down. I just want to set the record straight. Amsoil is sold in stores. (NAPA, Carquest, etc come to mind) In Las Vegas you can go to the LARGE regional Distribution Center. But that's not what makes Amsoil legitimate. It's more like the 40 years in business and history. To imply something shady about a legal MLM company, isn't right.

Sorry, carry on.

I have seen it in the parts department of a motorcycle dealership.

On the original subject I look forward to seeing the VOA

I remember seeing Synlube talked about in some magazine that I read a long time ago. I am quite sure it was Synlube. Or at least the oil had the same name even if it was produced by somebody else.

The bottle of Synlube that I saw in that magazine was round and I think it was white if I remember correctly. So the oil bottles seem to change all the time.

got your sample in but 1 ounce is not really enough to do much i wanted to do a few things but will do only spectro, sulfated ash and maybe a tbn, next time 4-6 ounces would be nice

It should have been more then 1 ounce? Did it leak or is the Polaris sample kit insufficient? I will find a larger clean container to send a second sample in.

Originally Posted By: bruce381
all the solids may blind the test to total additives BUT?? I will wait for more "good" sample.

I think it would also be "Right" to only test a sealed bottle, and not a bottle half full to quantify "or" make this test creitable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back