Syn blend-new oil preference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a synthetic oil user for many many years but change my oil at 3 to 4 grand. I have now decided to go with syn blend oil. The reason i'm going with a syn blend is short trips and cars sitting for 1-3 days without use. Currently i have 5w20 synpower in the focus and 5w30 synpower in the vq35 altima. I am a very big fan of valvoline and have used durablend before. I have also used syntec blend. It seems that castrol is not favored here and i don't know why because it's an great product. Durablend and syntec blend, any insight on which to use now? I have used 5w20 syntec blend early in my focus' life and it seemed to love it. Don't know how real the sensation was.

I'd go with the Conoco-Phillips family of syn-blends - Motorcraft, Kendall, 76....easy to get, resonably priced, and pretty stout. Motorcraft 5W-20 bought at WM is a favourite on here....

Isn't is true that all 5-20s dinos are at least partially synthetic?
Anyway, for 3-4,000 mile OCIs, you are smart to lose the full synth oil.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I'd go with the Conoco-Phillips family of syn-blends - Motorcraft, Kendall, 76....easy to get, resonably priced, and pretty stout. Motorcraft 5W-20 bought at WM is a favourite on here....

Agreed. Good stuff, my neighbor uses Kendall with good results...

MC syn blend i believe is a step below durablend and syntec blend. MC syn blend is popular because of the price.

Originally Posted By: JCM35
MC syn blend i believe is a step below durablend and syntec blend. MC syn blend is popular because of the price.

It's not just the good price. MC syn blends produce some impressive UOA's as well.

Whimsey

The UOA i had with syntec blend was better than motorcraft syn blend.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Isn't is true that all 5-20s dinos are at least partially synthetic?
Anyway, for 3-4,000 mile OCIs, you are smart to lose the full synth oil.

Yes according to the Pennzoil rep I spoke with.

Durablend would be a great choice, I recently started using 76 Super Synthetic Blend, I can buy it a Five Gallon Pail from a local oil distributor for $43.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back