SX-UP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinoy,

I think SX-UP would probably keep things cleaner and help seal rings somewhat.

Not a miracle cure, but should help.

quote:

"SUCKS-UP"

I thought it was pronounced "Sex-Up!"
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:

quote:

Is it advised to use this product in an SL/SM rated product?

As with any supplement, I always recommend working closely with an oil analyst such as Terry Dyson for tweaking you engine/oil combination.

Spring Hill, nice area.

Know where Paris, Tn is located?

I grew up not to far from Paris, still have some family there.

[ February 27, 2005, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: sully ]

quote:

What about using SX-UP in piston-slappy 6.0L GM engines? Just under 70K on the odo-meter.

Never thought of using it for "Slappy" engines.

I do know it cushions better than regular PCMO, ie, it has better "shock" characteristics.

Send me a PM.

How much will this thicken up a 5w-20?

I have a very short commute to work and I'm interested in using a 5w-20 in an engine that specs 5w-30 because the oil does not get close to operating temp.

The factory fill UOA indicated 9.37 cSt at 1000 miles. The engine seemed to like that a lot better than any of the oils that have followed since. So, could this thicken up a 5w-20 into the lower 30wt range at 1oz/quart? Or would it take 2 oz/quart?

I'm also interested in the additonal adds of course.

quote:

Originally posted by Shannow:
Also, my Purple Problem Solver turned up yesterday (looks like you had our customs people intreagued...they opened everything)

Half way through, better get another.

Guy's if you want to see the potenial this product has look at my most recent UOA of my 2003 Toyota Camry!! I used 8 onces added to my 4 quart sump. The oil used was M1 0W40 and no top up was needed! If you compare it to my previous UOA you can see a marked difference especialy in terms of wear per 1000 miles and TBN!

I wonder how this would work as a "boost" in my 04.5 Cummins and our TDI, maybe at an ounce or 2 per qt. I like the fact that is has a synthetic base rather than a mass of snot-like VII goo.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back