Switching from Mobil 1 to Amsoil?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed - I searched and didn't come up with any solid answers. Search was bogged down with comparisons.

I just purchased a car (1996 Z28 w/39k miles) that has been running on Mobil 1 for it's entire life (since 1k miles). I put Amsoil in my other vehicles. Is there any reason to stick with Mobil 1 on the new car? I'm not looking for a comparison of quality/protection - as far as I am concerned, they're both very good oils, although my preference is Amsoil. It will just make my life a little easier to stick with one manufacturer.

I know I'm overthinking it, but I don't want to throw a monkey wrench into an otherwise perfectly operating low-mile engine by switching oils.

Thanks.

If it makes you feel any better, my 2003 Chevy has 130,000 miles give or take a little bit and it was running god knows what oil before my ownership but since I owned it I put only QS All Mileage in it, but I just changed the oil this past week with Mobil 1 HM Full Synthetic and it is doing perfectly fine and actually seems quieter.

My 2002 Toyota has documented proof of running QS oil it's whole entire life 140,000 miles and I also just put Mobil 1 in it for the first time and it seems to be doing perfectly fine and slightly better on gas.

There is no problem switching to different oils it will not hurt it, I just don't recommend making it a habit, choose an oil that works for you and run it.

You would save a bit more running Mobil 1 though but if that is not a concern to you then switch to whatever oil you want.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed - I searched and didn't come up with any solid answers. Search was bogged down with comparisons.

I just purchased a car (1996 Z28 w/39k miles) that has been running on Mobil 1 for it's entire life (since 1k miles). I put Amsoil in my other vehicles. Is there any reason to stick with Mobil 1 on the new car? I'm not looking for a comparison of quality/protection - as far as I am concerned, they're both very good oils, although my preference is Amsoil. It will just make my life a little easier to stick with one manufacturer.

I know I'm overthinking it, but I don't want to throw a monkey wrench into an otherwise perfectly operating low-mile engine by switching oils.

Thanks.
Welcome … no such thing as stupid questions here …
No worries with the Mobil 1 !
BTW - that’s nice to have a low mile unit in that year …
There is a show us that ride thread here 😷

Thanks.

You are kind of asking a question to an answer you already have, if you like Amsoil, then use that oil.

You could use the cheapest oil in price per oz which would be whatever cheapest 15w-40 at Walmart and it would still last hundreds of thousands of miles. Use whatever you want if you don't mind spending more.

Depending on how many miles you drive Amsoil could be a 1 year oil change.
Has a good dose of ester.....cleaning power.

Like clockwork HPL is brought into the chat.
indeed-tealc.gif

Back