Switched to Wix Oil Filters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been buying the Nascar Select "Wix" filters. These are mid grade between NAPA Pro Select and Gold. Very satisfied. They got rid of the start up "ticking" in all my vehicles.

I like WIX filters a lot. I use them in every car I own. One of them (Volvo V70) uses a cartridge-style and the WIX is by far the best-looking one I can find for that application. Also using them on a '91 626 and a '91 Civic. Oil pressure lights turn off instantly upon cranking in all 3 cars and never heard any noisy cold starts with these filters. Oil seems to stay clean even after draining a long OCI so they must be filtering well. They seem to be very well-constructed and the price is quite reasonable. I would say they are just as good as Mobil 1 or PureOne filters.

Last edited:
I've used Wix on my last 2 OCIs, my car seems to like them. I can get Carquest Reds or Wix yellow/white box locally.

WIX/NAPA's are sure hard to beat. We've used them on a wide variety of gas and diesel powered equipment for quite a few years with good luck.
thumbsup2.gif
Their 51365 (NAPA 1365), for instance, fits our J-D's Yanmar engines as well as our Honda motorcycles, so it cuts down on stocking requirements. Getting them from FleetFilter.com keeps the price reasonable, too. Just got 12-51365's, with shipping, the cost was $6.23/ea...

I have heard a few Ford guys complain about startup rattle with Wix vs MC, and my brother swears the Wix filter on his Firebird caused the engine to make a whistling sound until it warmed up (he went back to AC Delco), but, I still like 'em.

Eh, I'll use Wix or PureOne, but prefer the Wix for my application, a 3800 Series II V6. No problems with either filter, or a cheap filter I'll be using on the next oil change (Pep Boys house, aka Purolator).

I've been using the Napa Golds exclusively for a few years, but I may try a Motorcraft on my Grand Marquis next oil change.

Originally Posted By: Tornado Red
I got a great deal from http://www.fleetfilter.com -- a BITOG sponsor -- and have been very happy with WIX filters. Every 10k miles I just grab a new one from the case, they have all been excellent quality.
So true.
thumbsup2.gif
great company to deal with. I'd go apply to work for them if I was in Texas.

Originally Posted By: breeves
I have been buying the Nascar Select "Wix" filters. These are mid grade between NAPA Pro Select and Gold. Very satisfied. They got rid of the start up "ticking" in all my vehicles.

I too have noticed this lack of start up "ticking" or rattle in my 04 Altima 2.5S when using ths Nascar Select filter. But recently, the Puro Prem Plus #14610 have been treating my engine pretty well with no start up rattles lately. Every filter at one time or another would cause rattling, even the Nissan filter. Although the Puro Prem Plus used to rattle like crazy, lately it's been OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back