Switched to Wix Oil Filters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After years of using $2 Purolator Premium Plus filters and "orange cans," I decided to switch to Wix oil filters.

I was perfectly content with the Purolator filters for my 7500 mile (or longer) service interval. However, ever since I ran out of oil filters earlier this year, I have not seen a single oil filter sale.

I thought about switching over to SuperTech oil filters, but even those are now over $3/each after tax. After reading the many positive reviews about Wix filters on here, I decided to switch to Wix because the #51348 for my application was within a few cents of the SuperTech one.

So, thanks BITOG for introducing me to Wix filters. Hopefully I won't be disappointed with their performance. And to the original BITOGers who remember me as the Fram guy, I have finally made the switch!
LOL.gif

Now that I have my filter problem resolved, I have to find another source for cheap oil. (I've been using $1/qt 5w-30 for years)
grin2.gif

I'll spend the extra money to get the Purolator PureOne Oil and Air Filters. Then I will spend the extra money and get the Mobil One Extended Service or Valvoline Synpower 5W-30.

Because I keep my cars just about forever, and with the price of gasoline, the government regulations requiring more mpg, etc., as well keep them until they are antiques and beyond....lol

"To Infinity and Beyond." A famous cartoon character once said....lol

OK, help me out here. Where can I easily find Wix filters "within a few cents of ST"???

Which Wix filter are we talkin about here?

I've used ST, got one on my taco. I like Purolator PP, AAP Total Grip, and Pure One. Easily obtained at Advance Auto and reasonably priced. ST is also easy to find.

Originally Posted By: Mustang2008Z
I'll spend the extra money to get the Purolator PureOne Oil and Air Filters. Then I will spend the extra money and get the Mobil One Extended Service or Valvoline Synpower 5W-30.

Because I keep my cars just about forever, and with the price of gasoline, the government regulations requiring more mpg, etc., as well keep them until they are antiques and beyond....lol

"To Infinity and Beyond." A famous cartoon character once said....lol

How is a pure one filter better than a wix? Do you have actual trial evidence to back this up?

Originally Posted By: sayjac
OK, help me out here. Where can I easily find Wix filters "within a few cents of ST"???

I've used ST, got one on my taco. I like Purolator PP, AAP Total Grip, and Pure One. Easily obtained at Advance Auto and reasonably priced. ST is also easy to find.

You are comparing a ST to a Wix and want it within a few cents? The Wix is better and unless you are changing filters everyday what difference does a few cents or a few dollars make?

Last edited:
All one has to do is catch NAPA's spring time filter sale and stock up for a whole year!!!,i bought two cases of NG's 1036's for $3.29 each,killer price for a filter thats is outstainding,and cudos to you for ditching the [censored] ST.
11.gif

oh and for cheap oil if you have a TSC near you they have Traveller MO for under $2.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Originally Posted By: sayjac

You are comparing a ST to a Wix and want it within a few cents? The Wix is better and unless you are changing filters everyday what difference does a few cents or a few dollars make?
NO, I'm not comparing ST to Wix "within a few cents".

IF, you read the OP, he said can get a Wix for his app for a price within a few cents of an ST. I asked where I could do that? Amazing.
smirk2.gif

I use Wix on my Mom's Escape and our Jeeps, never had a problem. Good filters and the same price as a Fram from Walmart here in Canada.

Try fmsfilters on the web, I paid $3.68 for the WIX 51348 that I use for my Kohler lawn mower engine, $75.00 or more and get free shipping, they have air,fuel & oil filters anything WIX sells, as for cheap oil try an oil supplier in your area I recently started buying 76 Superblend 10W 30 for $43.00 a five gallon bucket.

Originally Posted By: Petty
as for cheap oil try an oil supplier in your area I recently started buying 76 Superblend 10W 30 for $43.00 a five gallon bucket.

How tough is this stuff,SL???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back