Switched to PP Pure Plus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put it in my 200 3.6l. I was running Mobil 1. But I believe the PP Pure plus runs quieter.
Any one else use the new PP and have the same result?

Just did an oil change yesterday with the new PP. Sounds good. Too soon to say but can't beat the price with that FRN deal!

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
SOPUS thanks you. You will then buy next month's fad oil and that company thanks you too.

I'll gladly be buying it for $5/5 qt jug.

Everyone seems to say that PP or PU is quieter. Maybe its all psychological with folks? I serious doubt there is any way M1 being "louder" in your car. Are you using the same weight and viscosity?

I have used PU in my GTI and M1 and have noticed no difference at all. I can say from my gas logs that since I have used 5w30 PU Euro L in my GTI my overall average of MPG's has dropped 1-2 MPG's. Based over a 6 month period compared to same season and what not. Happened both times I have tried PU. Once with the 5w40 and again with the 5w30 Euro, vs the M1 0w40.

So how do you like them apples?

Whats even better for me?? I can buy the M1 Euro ANYWHERE where as the PP or PU for my car is dang near impossible to find and if I do find it its cost way more money. I just picked up a 5qt jug of M1 Euro for $22.66 at Wallyworld. Cant beat that either haha.

Glad the PP seems to be the ticket for you. Just dont associate "quieter" with less wear or better MPG's. Some people actually believe this to be true.

Jeff

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HKPolice
Most of the time when you replace dirty old oil with fresh clean new oil, it'll sound quieter. This is nothing new.

NEVER EVER have I experienced this between any of our 6 Hondas and 5 Toyotas, unless this happens on other vehicles, no idea what your talking about...

Motorcraft 5W-20 is quieter in my DD than Mobil 1. PP is quieter in the ex's car than MC. I can't rationalize why it should be this way, but there it is.

I just switched to PP yesterday. Couldn't pass up on the $20 of gas deal. So far seems fine. I'm going to run it for about 5k miles, then replace it with more PP. I'll run the second fill for about 6.5k-8.5k miles and then do a UOA on it.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Did they renew the promotion? I thought the FRN thing ended a month ago or so.

The promotion ended in June. I bought 10 quarts right at the end of the promotion, but just put 5 quarts in my car yesterday.

I see, that was really a good deal. Too good maybe, now I have got over 100 qts of oil in my basement.

Did they renew the promotion? I thought the FRN thing ended a month ago or so.

Not quite.
cool.gif

I see, that was really a good deal. Too good maybe, now I have got over 100 qts of oil in my basement.

I'm at 135 and still climbing. Only buying now prior to filling the tank on the vehicles though, would rather buy oil than gasoline

If the jug cap has a code you can enter it at the site through the end of the year I believe. If the jug cap has no code, you can no longer request a code. Always check that the jug has that sticker regarding FRN and verify an intact cap seal.

Last edited:
Oil change time is the only time the hot engine will see the viscosity of a cold oil.
Of course its going to be quieter regardless of brand.

Originally Posted By: RGR

I'm at 135 and still climbing. Only buying now prior to filling the tank on the vehicles though, would rather buy oil than gasoline

If I buy jugs with intact Ps do I still get to enter the FRN codes?? I stoopped buying on 31st of June.

That's a good point too.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Oil change time is the only time the hot engine will see the viscosity of a cold oil.
Of course its going to be quieter regardless of brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back