Swine flu vaccine - would you take it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"They'll also be looking out for health threats – people who look like they may have the H1N1 virus."

How do they (TSA - ha!) determine if people look like they are carrying H1N1 virus?

Thermal imaging cameras were used in Oz airports.

If you were a little warmer than norm, you got intercepted quarantined and tested.

Yeah, I know they've been doing it elsewhere for a while. And I was supportive of it back then. But now, having stared down swine flu 3 times, I'm very underwhelmed by the whole thing. If this stuff does you in, you were dangling by a string to begin with.

If this stuff does you in, you were dangling by a string to begin with.
Well we just had an 11 year old girl die here from the H1N1 flu. And she had been healthy, not dangling by a thread. This flu like all the others, there will be many that get do not the shot and do fine, many that do not get the shot and get sorta sick, many that do not get the shot and get very sick, and many that do not get the shot and die.

Then there will be many that do get the shot and will only be out a few bucks and not miss any work or school, and feel just fine.

Happens every year with the seasoneal flue also.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, not discouraging anyone from getting it. But the fear of the virus itself has gone a tad overboard. My wife's seen tons of these cases now, and virtually every kid she's seen has gotten over it quickly. It sucks to be the ones that don't. But luckily this flu has not been particularly deadly. Yet...

I share lots of concerns like the rest of you, and for my wife and I, we are healthy enough to skip the vaccination, but my 2 year old son is not. He has asthma and catching the flu (seasonal or swine) could be a death sentence for him. He already got a seasonal vaccination and is on the waiting list at the local childrens hospital for the H1N1. We just can't risk it with him. I hate to think of him as a guinnea pig, but I have to put some faith in our doctor and our local childrens hospital and the CDC that this is the best thing to do.

Took mine this morning. Wifey's office got it in. Got a nice Daffy Duck Band-Aid, too. I'll let you know when I turn into a zombie mutant or when I start receiving government instructions thru the implanted microchip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back