supertech trans fluid for transfer case

Status
Not open for further replies.
The transfer case for my Grand Cherokee requires dex/merc type fluid, and I was wondering if any one had any problems using the supertech type fluid. I've heard it didnt shift too great in transmissions, but I can't find anything about it in a transfer case.

Here is the deal. The way I see it you have more to lose then gain with SuperTech in this application. Supertech is going to be the most reudimentary trany fluid you can buy. A transfer case has very limited capacity, high loading, combination of high and low rpms and no filter. I think I would spend a little extra and get Mobil-1, Redline,Amsoil, Schaffers or OEM Chrysler ATF+4 for this transfer case. These have robust additive packages with Redline being the beefiest. They all have outstanding oxidation resistance. Remember that most T/Cases hold 1.8-3 quarts of fluid. TO me the gigest thing is the fluid capacity. The cost for premium ATF will be low.

good point. I'm only going to need between 2 and 3 quarts so I wouldnt be really saving that much. I was just wondering since I have access to some ST trans fluid, but for the amount I need its not really worth it.

patriot.gif

Royal Purple has a special fluid called Synchromax which is design to work in gear boxes that use ATF,manual trans and t-case.

Christopher

Actually, from reading on the Jeep forums, a lot of people use 5-30 or even 0-40 synthetic oil in the x-fer case that I have. In fact, on guy who rebuilds them only warrantys his work if you use 5-30. So, I used the mobil 1 I had left over and its shifting better than it ever has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back