Supertech oil who makes it now

I’ve always considered Super Tech “good enough”. It just depends on if good enough is good enough for you, and chances are if you’re on bob is the oil guy, talking and reading about oil and oil changes, it’s not. But I have used it before, it seems “fine”. I just wouldn’t go over 5,000 miles with it - then again I won’t go over 5,000 miles with any oil (unless it’s a port injected engine, then 6,500 is my limit).

When I was younger I ran super tech conventional religiously in my 1999 Honda Accord (3,000 mile oil changes, 5w30)...made it to 289,000 miles before I sold it. It did start using some oil at 250,000 miles and by the time it reached 289,000 miles it was burning around 1 quart every 1,000 miles (maybe more than a quart).
Check UOA section, plenty of Supertech reports all the way up to 10K miles. All very good reports. 10K is probably supertech's limit but what do you want for a 5qt jug that costs $13 now???

Check UOA section, plenty of Supertech reports all the way up to 10K miles. All very good reports. 10K is probably supertech's limit but what do you want for a 5qt jug that costs $13 now???
I’d say there probably is plenty of UOA of any oil going 10,000 miles that are “good reports”. It depends on the car, driving condition, Age of the vehicle, mileage, person, etc, no? But I’ll have to check out the UOA section and take a look, because it’s good to know Super Tech is that good.

I personally am not comfortable going that far, but if I were to venture out that far it would probably be with a extended interval oil. I don’t think there’s anything wrong Super Tec, I just wouldn’t call it as good or better than others, would you?

But for 5,000 mile oil changes, yeah I’d use it over something else just because of the excellent value. Thats pretty much the way I operate with oil, I try to find value. Right now the value I’ve found is rebates and sales/clearance on name brand oils (Valvoline Modern Engine, Quaker State Ultimate Durability and Shell Rotella Gas Truck). I have 55 quarts of these oils...all for $2 or less a quart. And right now I can buy Mobil 1 for $2 a quart with their rebate...so I haven’t needed to buy Super Tech in almost 3 years now.

I agree with what others have said about something else going wrong/dying on your car before using ST oil causing an issue for your motor. When much younger, it was all I used in my cars. They were all beaters with many miles and it was always something else that sent them to the junkyard. Given the specs of the ST oil today, it should work well in most applications (assuming correct weight and matching specs)

I wouldn't run it in my lawn mower but that's just me. It turns to wax in cold temperatures so if you want that in your engine, be my guest!
Ah, the trick of mowing in sub zero temps, cuts the festuca family of grass blades cleaner leading to better turf health.
A Lawn care pro confidential!

Did not the Grand Poo-Bah implore us not to let that out ? !
_______

Most all motor oil IS wax and it will solidify at cold temperatures, Nothing extra-ordinary here, Gentlemen.

I had to go back and look at the older posts, to see if it was actually true someone said that. Holy cow! Batman, that fellow might want to read a post or two before trashing Super Tech oil. Let's see...ummmmm. .. I think it's 100% of the data refutes that idea.

Back