Supertech oil who makes it now

So all I want Mart's in the area have gotten new upgraded looking bottles for their house brand oil also no longer is there w p p on the bottom so who's making it nowadays and how well does it Stack Up? You can buy 5 quarts of full synthetic 0w 20 for around 15 16 buck just wanted to make sure it's a decent product still.

I've yet to see anything that says it doesn't stack up. IMO, and just that, most people will change too soon for it to matter. Myself, since I like 5k OCI's, I'll use it with confidence. In my old engines anyhow.
wink.gif
My newer ones... yeah I'll use there and maybe for 10k too.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Originally Posted by ram_man
Anyone know why the layout of the website looks different?
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4854292/who-changed-the-site-format

As for topic, bitog majority say Warren Distribution. Historically they have made/blended most ST, but not all in all areas. In any case, I'd use it with confidence. Most ST Syn Dexos 1 Gen 2, including 0W20. Price right too.

Not impressed I liked it better before. It's much harder to navigate now.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Anyone know why the layout of the website looks different?
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4854292/who-changed-the-site-format

As for topic, bitog majority say Warren Distribution. Historically they have made/blended most ST, but not all in all areas. In any case, I'd use it with confidence. Most ST Syn Dexos 1 Gen 2, including 0W20. Price right too.

Not impressed I liked it better before. It's much harder to navigate now.

Its great- you need to take about 30 minutes to figure it out- nothing is easy without practice.

Walmart up here sells 5 liters of Synthetic for $ 30 CDN, But they always have some QSUD or PP or Valvoline Full Synthetic on for $28.88. Not sure if anyone is buying Super Tech. I would if they got under.....say $28.00 CDN which works out just over $20 US.

Last edited:
Just check the Dexos license number on the bottles if they are present. It usually tells you who makes it since Supertech oils are from different blenders depending on the region. They stomped stamping there bottles on the bottom awhile back.

Last edited:
People have posted pictures of the back label and it says right there who makes it for them. That's the first place to look.... Maybe it's not the case for all markets though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by supton
I've yet to see anything that says it doesn't stack up. IMO, and just that, most people will change too soon for it to matter. Myself, since I like 5k OCI's, I'll use it with confidence. In my old engines anyhow.
wink.gif
My newer ones... yeah I'll use there and maybe for 10k too.

I have quite a stash of other oils that go in the other vehicles, but I have to buy oil that has a receipt for my new subaru. The OCI on that is only 6 months / 6k miles, I don't want to buy an expensive 0w-20 if I have to change it at 6000 miles. So, supertech is perfect for my application!

And the better half has a leased Nissan Sentra that calls for 0w-20. It gets supertech as well. No point in buying expensive oil for the rental.

Originally Posted by PimTac
And so ends this weeks thread of Supertech, who makes it now?

Closing Theme:
Supertech is made at different refinaries in different parts of the country tra la la, who makes your supertech is based on where you live tra la la. So you could get 5 different jugs while on a cross country trip from 5 different producers but they would have the same specs...probably tra la la.

I read somewhere that in some regions it's Mobil Super Synthetic - other regions it's Citgo and still other regions it's Warren.

In the past (for as long as I remember), South Michigan gets Supertech from Warren.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
Good question, but for the time being, hit the Mobil Rebates up and get some M1 for less after rebate. https://apfco.com/secure/R9798W

Mobil rebates: Amazon, Advance Auto, Autozone, Pep Boys and Walmart are not mentioned (i.e. excluded). Amazon is specifically excluded. That stinks.

I wouldn't run it in my lawn mower but that's just me. It turns to wax in cold temperatures so if you want that in your engine, be my guest! Plus you're lining the Walton's greedy pockets when you buy any of Walmart's house brands, something I'm not a fan of either. I'd go for Pennzoil, Mobil 1, or Quaker State synthetics, protection you can trust and count on, if you have to question the quality of an oil, you probably shouldn't use it is the way I feel.

Originally Posted by jongies3
I wouldn't run it in my lawn mower but that's just me. It turns to wax in cold temperatures so if you want that in your engine, be my guest! Plus you're lining the Walton's greedy pockets when you buy any of Walmart's house brands, something I'm not a fan of either. I'd go for Pennzoil, Mobil 1, or Quaker State synthetics, protection you can trust and count on, if you have to question the quality of an oil, you probably shouldn't use it is the way I feel.

Are you saying it does not meet the stated cold-cranking and pumpability (W) specification?

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by jongies3

Are you saying it does not meet the stated cold-cranking and pumpability (W) specification?

He baited you and you fell right for it....

Back