SuperTech & Mercedes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked it up on that link for you. The Hengst filter is $5.81. Just go to Online Catalog, then 1991, then Merdedes Benz, then 420 SEL, then Engine Mechanical and you will find the oil filter kit. Fastlane is where I order the oil filters for my 2000 E55 AMG. Hope this helps.

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Well think about how many people would go to Wally World for a Mercedes filter.
smile.gif

Your point's well taken, Al. A first ownership Mercedes driver won't have to bother with routine maintenance since for the first 4 yrs./48,000 miles, basic routine service is a comp. (And even if it weren't, it's not likely the "average" new Mercedes driver's gonna wanna fiddle with the down-'n-dirty, anyway, as you correctly implied.) After four years, these people usually turn the car back or trade it for a new one. However, the second, or more likely, third, and subsequent owners may well have need or desire to undertake their own maintenance. Given the longevity associated with this marque, WallyWorld might be missing a bet in not catalogging filters for them. While Mercedes yearly sales figures pale in comparison to Honda, Toyota, and Nissan, there are a LOT of "previously owned" driver-maintained road-hungry Mercedes-Benzes out there.

-Ray Haeffele

A large number of on-line sources for foreign car parts seem to be using the same vendor, just their own Internet front end. http://www.worldpac.com/ is the one I see from several different on-line retailers, with prices set by each retail company, but all very similar prices. I've bought from parts from two retailers and good service with exactly the parts described. There are some parts available this way that are not locally available, for example, German Bosch filters, as opposed to U. S. Bosch filters made by Champion Labs. Both are sold by the Bosch Corp. of Germany through their various subsidiaries, and I don't know if one is superior to the other. Another example is Japanese filters for Hondas.

It seems that WorldPac does not sell retail, but only to repair shops and through these retail on-line outlets.

Ken

[ January 30, 2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Ken2 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back