Supertech gas treatment..same as seafoam?

I tried a can of supertech in a can. Poured 16 ozs. Too 14 gallons of gas. Engine ran smoorher,quiter. It's. 98 lesabre. Got about 244 miles on that tank!
But....every oil change,3000 miles .or twice a year.I like to do intake cleaning,before change. Seafoam is old school. Crc is as good as it gets...
Is the supertech ingridients,the same,as seafoam? Clean as good?
Msds or data sheets for supertech?showing ingredients?

Reactions: JC1
Stp seafoam super tech probably 90-98% same ingredients leaving a few percentage for a proprietary blend.

I don't let bottles of anything lucas or seafoam near my engines.

I use berryman b-12 and techron as treatments/cleaners. In ope its stabil and tcw-3 @640:1 for storage.

I don't let bottles of anything lucas or seafoam near my engines.

I use berryman b-12 and techron as treatments/cleaners. In ope its stabil and tcw-3 @640:1 for storage.
I agree, put lucus injector cleaner in and fuel pump went out that tank full. Probley just coincident but I stay away from it now

Wow.i read from a few..they said thier fuel pumps died after using lucas...mine never did.ive used it in a95 neon..a 98 Corolla...and now a 98 lesabre.only gained mileage. Except the Corolla. It was a hit or miss per tank.but that was because of carbon built up. I did the plugs in it. Sunny day the light I could see piston tops. Dark brown too black.looked burnt on.carbon.

Why not just use top tier gas and trust you shouldn't need any "additives." Am I wrong to feel this way? I use to use fuel injection cleaners and ISO in winter....but isn't this now all in top tier gas formulations? First time ever in my life I don't add anything in my gas. Granted I'm only at 80k on the Subaru and 50k with the F150 so long way to go to say no issues.

I do use top tier.mobil 87 with Lucas.winter I'll use MMO. Just one thing I've learned oil changes.very good too do intake cleaning. Apart if that would be with combustion chamber cleaning..the piston.just in case..so wondered if supertech gas treatment the same..as powerful..as seafoam?

How about acetone ..an oz or 2 14 gallons...after intake cleaning? I do know acetone is some viscous stuff..

I do use top tier.mobil 87 with Lucas.winter I'll use MMO. Just one thing I've learned oil changes.very good too do intake cleaning. Apart if that would be with combustion chamber cleaning..the piston.just in case..so wondered if supertech gas treatment the same..as powerful..as seafoam?
Seafoam is better for anything with a carb.

Ziggy, acetone has a very low viscosity - it is less than water. Acetone is very volatile.

Last edited:
I think he probably meant vicious. As in cleans like crazy. Can't be good for anything non-metal it touches tough. I'm sure it would damage something.

I think he probably meant vicious. As in cleans like crazy. Can't be good for anything non-metal it touches tough. I'm sure it would damage something.
Perhaps. When I worked for an airline sometimes a write-up for a viscous damper would come through as "vicious damper".

What are Seafoam benefits used in the gas tank of modern fuel injector engines ? Never tried it ...

What are Seafoam benefits used in the gas tank of modern fuel injector engines ? Never tried it...
Clean the fuel system (pump and lines), clean the intake valves and combustion chambers... theoretically some cleaning of the emissions sensors and catalytic converters(s).

What are Seafoam benefits used in the gas tank of modern fuel injector engines ? Never tried it ...
Personally I don't see a lot of benefit. It's alcohol, a lot of light oil, and a bit of naptha.
I don't want the alcohol, really don't want all the low viscosity oil, naptha is ok, but you pay a lot for it. I prefer occasional berryman b-12 and or techron. B-12 has the solvents, techron has the PEA.

Back