SuperTech FS now advertising 10k OCI

wemay

Site Donor 2023
This is the "Full Synthetic", so I wonder what OCI they'll advertise the upcoming "Advanced Full Synthetic"...

20210301_092310.jpg
20210301_092238.jpg

Need to market to the owners manual

Many vehicles now have a 10k mile interval. So, obviously, they need to put it on the bottle for the clueless.

Marketing for oil filters.... some oil filters get used twice for those A/B maintenance intervals... so they will need those 10k, 15k, 20k marketed filters so keep the sheeple happy.

They can come out with 100k mile oil and filters. But, it would only work if that was the recommended interval by the automaker. Sad that some think that the marketing label overrides their manual or uncommon sense.

What vehicles recommend an oil change interval greater than 10k miles?

Old news, there was a lengthy thread a couple weeks back...

OP and all post above this are in the USA. Don't care what they do overseas. Those Europeons still know how to drive manual transmissions and love diesel cars. They couldn't even get synth media in Europe because it was allegedly hazardous material or really not greenie enough... So, even though USA started with synth media decades ago, euro, via MH/VAG are just dipping their toes in it, following a synth media edjumicashun from the acquistion of Wix XP and Purolator Synthetic.

That glass and oil based poly media doesn't biodegrade too quickly. And, glass fiber doesn't make good fuel for the waste to energy plants in Eutopia. The same Eutopians are stripping their forests for their greenie wood pellet stoves. No birds or wildlife left and beautiful forests stripped bare naked.

Old news, there was a lengthy thread a couple weeks back...
Sorry about that. My error

sure, why not... super tech could easily do that even without its new label... i know my corolla is real easy on oil and super tech has my (y)

sure, why not... super tech could easily do that even without its new label... i know my corolla is real easy on oil and super tech has my (y)
As much as I advocate for ST, I think 10K might be pushing it in certain situations. 3/4 highway miles, sure. 50/50 city/highway or less, the tbn might be getting low by 10K. Assuming they didn't boost the add pack for these new 10K labeled bottles. ST has shown time and time again it's great oil under normal conditions and 5-8K OCI's. For it's price, there is just no reason to stretch it beyond 8-9K.

I believe the filters do say "for 10k"
Mine did. Picked one up recently for the 5.3 silverado . Small little filter. I believe Wix manufactures their filters . The AC Delco slot was completley empty so i grabbed the ST filter for a whopping $2.97.

Back