SuperTech 5w30 SM (ExxonMobil) 3800mi. 1991 Nissan Maxima 3.0l V6

Status
Not open for further replies.

amp

I figure that I'd contribute a UOA with my 1st Post...

This is a 1991 Nissan Maxima SE with only 80200 miles. It's had dino Mobil Drive Clean or Exxon SuperFlo for pretty much its whole life. Since it looks like WalMart is using ExxonMobil to source its SuperTech in my area, I decided to try it out. This was SM 5W30 in the blue widemouth bottle. No oil was added. The oil filter was a PepBoys Proline. I normally use a SuperTech filter (non-eCore so far for my engine), but like the 5w30 and 10w30 ST oil, the area WalMarts are often out-of-stock.

TBN 2.5
Miles on Oil 3800
Miles on Unit 80200

Aluminum 3
Chromium 1
Iron 5
Copper 0
Lead 3
Tin 0
Molybdenum 97
Nickel 0
Manganese 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Potassium 0
Boron 1
Silicon 4
Sodium 0
Calcium 1350
Magnesium 5
Phosphorus 483
Zinc 550
Barium 0

SUS Viscosity @ 210F 58.9
Flashpoint 345
Fuel 1.0%
Antifreeze 0.0%
Water 0.0%
Insolubles 0.4%

The flashpoint was a little low due to the 1.0% fuel. The fuel was likely my fault as I probably didn't run the engine long enough before collecting the sample (my 1st!).

Welcome aboard! It took you a while from the time you registered until you made your first post though! Better late than never!
grin.gif

Good wear numbers here! Not bad for Walmart oil!
smile.gif

Well its not Mobil bc Mobil has lots of sodium. Its Probably Warran Oil Company.

But anyway great report. Yea the flash is likely low bc of what you said. At least this oil has a dose of Moly.

welcome.gif

Would it be safe to say that it isn't Exxon Superflo either? The most recent UOA of Superflo has the high sodium also.

I thought I read here that the Wal*Mart contract with Mobil ran out several months ago. I think everything (oil) is from Warren now. Some jugs may still be from Mobil thou..... until they run out. That's because there's been a jug shortage since Katrina & alot of oil manufacturers are using old-style jugs.

That's what I read! Not sure how true it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back