Supertech 5W30 high mileage synthetic

Does Supertech 5w30 high mileage synthetic have the same amount of seal conditioners as the regular Supertech 5w30 high mileage oil?

I don't know that answer, but I would think the base oil is the only difference, so yes, I think the amount conditioners are the same. ST is a great oil but I doubt they would be adding extra at that cheap price point.

I'd like to know also. On the back of an almost empty old 5qt Valvoline jug I have it has a picture with 2 stars for the synthetic blend and 3 stars for the full synthetic. So Valvoline is claiming more effectiveness for high mileage in their full synthetic vs. blend for high mileage, but not why. Their verbiage has changed in more recent bottles to be basically the same on the back of both of the containers now.

This Valvoline blog entry (Mar 2019) implies the additives are now the same.

I'm guessing no difference on the Supertech also.

I assume the OP is thinking of some of Gokhan's comments regarding the PDS for all of the syn weights being identical between the regular and high mileage flavors. I would email Mag1 (Warren) and ask them...

* it looks like Mag1 does not make a full synthetic high mileage oil, just a blend...

Back