Super Tech European Formula Full Synthetic 5W40 (Canada)

You can validate with the URL and compare to the photo posted - https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/...engine-oil-5-l-0287963p.html?_br_psugg_q=0w40

For all intents and purposes, I am not looking to purchase 0W40 as I am looking for 5W40. The 0W40 does not have the approval rating for my vehicle manufacturer. At this point, I am not concerned whether or not the oil has the manufacturer's approval. I am only interested if it meets and/or exceeds the requirements. If having an oil that has my vehicle manufacturer's official approval and for it to show up on their approvals list mattered so much, I would have simply gone back and purchased Motul and call it a day.
There is no photo at that URL that shows approvals. It's rather a moot point anyway.

The point is that as much as everyone thinks and says it's approved it cannot be verified as such. You can do whatever you want, that's not the issue.

Sadly, Walmart Canada raised the price a week or two ago, and now it is $26.88. I regret not buying it when it was still $19.77.
I saw that the other day. I like the Supertech 5w40 and it has done well for me but at that price it’s only $4 or $5 cheaper than Mobil 1 0w40 (when on sale).

Having said that, there’s not a whole bunch out there that’s cheaper at this point so if I feel price conscious when I buy, I might still get the Supertech.

What vehicle and motor? Just curious
I’m not sure if you’re talking to me but I’ve been using it in a 2010 Hyundai Tucson with the 2.4l and a 2005 Honda CR-V with whatever motor is in there - I forget the details.

I don’t have enough use to draw any real conclusions but the one thing I’ve noticed in the CR-V is oil usage has dropped. It’s at close to 300,000km and over the last 100,000km that I’ve had it, it will consistently use a litre per 2000km with anything from 0w20 up to 5w30

On this run with the 5w40 I’ve gone 3000km and it has used about a quarter of a litre so far.

My 1999 GMC Sierra specs 5w30.
Would this Super Tech Full Synthetic 5w40 Euro be fine to use? I only run this truck in the summer towing a 2500lb travel trailer. It has 255k km on it and might use about a liter of oil between oil changes. I'm not much of an oil scientist...

I stand corrected and educated, so let me try again and ask the question differently. Perhaps what I'm asking for is a comparison of the spetrographic analysis numbers of the product and not the specification per se.

Let's assume that this is in fact the product in question is produced by Warren Oil. Can we assume the spectrographic analysis numbers are the same as the Mag 1 PDS? Please keep me honest. I am here to learn.
Haven't read all the responses but Warren Oil is a different company than Warren PP.

My 1999 GMC Sierra specs 5w30.
Would this Super Tech Full Synthetic 5w40 Euro be fine to use? I only run this truck in the summer towing a 2500lb travel trailer. It has 255k km on it and might use about a liter of oil between oil changes. I'm not much of an oil scientist...
We used to have a Sierra of a similar age and ran 15w40 in it for years with no issues. Bumping up to a 5w40 should pose no problems in that vehicle.

Back