Super Tech European Formula Full Synthetic 5W40 (Canada)

Hi Folks,

Hope you all are well and healthy. Long time lurker. First time poster.

I was at my local Walmart here in Mississauga, ON (Canada) and came across the Super Tech European Formula Full Synthetic 5W40. I read here on the forum that the bottom of the bottle will have "WPP" stamped on it, indicating it is made/bottled (?) by Warren Oil. Unfortunately, all the bottles and jugs of Super Tech did not have WPP stamped on it. For what it is worth, there was a print on the bottom of the bottle showing what I believe is a February 2022 manufacture date.

Could anyone confirm whether or not Super Tech in Canada is still made by Warren or if it Walmart Canada has switched suppliers for the Canadian market? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20220313_210426182_iOS.jpg
    20220313_210426182_iOS.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 301
  • 20220313_210438489_iOS.jpg
    20220313_210438489_iOS.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 2,586
The bottle appears to be a Warren Bottle and they make their own, although I can't see the whole thing. If you want detailed specs look up "MAG 1". Anytime I've asked for detailed specs on ST Warren has sent me the data sheets for MAG 1.

Hi Folks,

Hope you all are well and healthy. Long time lurker. First time poster.

I was at my local Walmart here in Mississauga, ON (Canada) and came across the Super Tech European Formula Full Synthetic 5W40. I read here on the forum that the bottom of the bottle will have "WPP" stamped on it, indicating it is made/bottled (?) by Warren Oil. Unfortunately, all the bottles and jugs of Super Tech did not have WPP stamped on it. For what it is worth, there was a print on the bottom of the bottle showing what I believe is a February 2022 manufacture date.

Could anyone confirm whether or not Super Tech in Canada is still made by Warren or if it Walmart Canada has switched suppliers for the Canadian market? Thanks in advance!
Last I heard it was made by Safety Kleen, not Warren Oil

My use case is not a personal daily driver as it will be dual duty vehicle, as in weekend canyon carver and track day car, so I personally care. The car and engine is far beyond warranty period (20+ years now) but it gets driven sparingly, but when driven, it gets driven hard. It doesn't bother me if the oil is approved or not.

What I need to know is if the specifications are the same as the Warren Oil product. I have accepted that I would need to do an oil change after every track day weekend or two as the engine will undergo sustained high temperatures and stay in the upper rev range. I plan on doing a UOA to understand if the oil will wear down from a 40 to a 30 and so forth.

I know we are going off topic but I had considered the Canadian Tire Motomaster series. The 5W40 has the approvals for my vehicle but not the OE Plus version. I appreciate that the oil is accessible and often goes on sale, but the ideal (re: perfect) scenario is the Super Tech oil, especially when it goes on sale (assuming it ever goes on sale again.)

My use case is not a personal daily driver as it will be dual duty vehicle, as in weekend canyon carver and track day car, so I personally care. The car and engine is far beyond warranty period (20+ years now) but it gets driven sparingly, but when driven, it gets driven hard. It doesn't bother me if the oil is approved or not.

What I need to know is if the specifications are the same as the Warren Oil product. I have accepted that I would need to do an oil change after every track day weekend or two as the engine will undergo sustained high temperatures and stay in the upper rev range. I plan on doing a UOA to understand if the oil will wear down from a 40 to a 30 and so forth.
"Specifications" are the material specifications, licenses and approvals listed on the container or the PDS. That's why I was noting the product you're referencing doesn't appear to have any of the approvals listed. You can't compare oil quality via spectrographic analysis numbers from typical values. Those aren't specifications.

I stand corrected and educated, so let me try again and ask the question differently. Perhaps what I'm asking for is a comparison of the spetrographic analysis numbers of the product and not the specification per se.

Let's assume that this is in fact the product in question is produced by Warren Oil. Can we assume the spectrographic analysis numbers are the same as the Mag 1 PDS? Please keep me honest. I am here to learn.

I know we are going off topic but I had considered the Canadian Tire Motomaster series. The 5W40 has the approvals for my vehicle but not the OE Plus version. I appreciate that the oil is accessible and often goes on sale, but the ideal (re: perfect) scenario is the Super Tech oil, especially when it goes on sale (assuming it ever goes on sale again.)
Also be aware too that the product you're mentioning does not have the approvals listed. You can check this against the approval sheets from the manufacturer. People keep saying it is "rebottled Shell Helix" which may be true, but approvals are not grandfathered across brand (your first clue is that the Mercedes-Benz approvals are not worded properly).

1647356878669.jpg

Judging by this photo I found it appears that it is properly approved, just the Candian tire website doesn't have it written correctly in the description

View attachment 92762
Judging by this photo I found it appears that it is properly approved, just the Candian tire website doesn't have it written correctly in the description
That's for the 0W-40 which also doesn't show up on any approval listings. We've hit this topic multiple times on here, I agree that the wording is correct here but no matter what it should be on the Bevo listing. It was updated only a week ago and this has been going on for over two years.

blufeb95 is correct. The website's description is not accurate. I went to the store over the weekend to see for myself and it shows the approval for my vehicle.

You can validate with the URL and compare to the photo posted - https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/...engine-oil-5-l-0287963p.html?_br_psugg_q=0w40

For all intents and purposes, I am not looking to purchase 0W40 as I am looking for 5W40. The 0W40 does not have the approval rating for my vehicle manufacturer. At this point, I am not concerned whether or not the oil has the manufacturer's approval. I am only interested if it meets and/or exceeds the requirements. If having an oil that has my vehicle manufacturer's official approval and for it to show up on their approvals list mattered so much, I would have simply gone back and purchased Motul and call it a day.

Back