super secret, mysterious, nissan Matic fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. A question if I may. I have a 06 nissan xterra. 19000 mi. it was a leased vehicle so I'm going to assume the trans fluid hasnt been changed. after finding what little info I could On this MATIC J stuff I call my local dealer and he tells me nissan superceded the J with the new MATIC S which of course he knows nothing about. doesnt know the difference between the two, Doesnt know if the new "S" is a full sythetic or not ( which I doubt if the stealer is selling it for $11.00/ QT.) Just trying to figure out if I can do a pan drop and fill, or, if I"m adding SUper secret new improved MATIC S to the old and not new and improved anymore MAtic J , If I need to do A cooler line flush to remove all of the Old MAtic J. I have used amsoil products in the past with good luck and have thought about running around the end of all this MATIC/ SMATIC Marketing mumbo jumbo but with 40,000 miles left on a factory warranty I,m gonna just have to ask for your opinions on the matic. Thanks in advance, mIke

PM undummy. He knows automatics and specs and may be able to give you more accurate advice on compatibility of those two fluids or a recommendation based on his experience. If one fluid superceded the other, then they are probably just fine together.

I'm thinking 19k miles is kinda soon to service, but if I were to drain and flush, I would use Amsoil ATF, which is recommended by them for use in your vehicle per their lookup tool. If the dealer is selling their S-Matic for $11/qt, then it's probably worth a lot less in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back