Super duty 3/8 hose clamps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda has a 3/8 (10mm) heavy duty spring clamp that fits thicker transmission and PS return hose. These are 1000x better than the miserable screw clamps.
Perfect for stuff like aftermarket coolers, Magnefine filters, thermostats, etc. The come locked open, just squeeze the tabs to unlock them. They are about 13MM wide and have some serious tension, about $1 ea online. I just ordered 50.

Honda part# 90635-PT0-802 CLIP, OIL PIPE

This is the filter i had to replace it has 50K on it and is in the PS return line (the filter really help save the pump and rack on Honda's).

SAM_1517_zpsqzavjb2t.jpg

They don't make the nice steel shell one with filter and magnet anymore so i had to reluctantly use a leak prone magnefine. NAPA has them in 3/8 for $10.66 (magnefine branded but of course its a knock off when it leaks) with a couple of screw clamps that promptly found their way into the trash.
Here it is installed with the Honda clamps.

SAM_1516_zpsafmztq5o.jpg

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Here's a link to view the part.

http://tinyurl.com/qdtps9v

Thats it, notice it comes locked in the open position. I will unlock them to store so they don't loose any tension. You can see its double wall and totally smooth inside so it wont damage the hose, just clamp it tighter than my wallet.

Spring band constant pressure clamps only way to go. I always called them Mubea clamps because Mubea is one of the biggest manufacturer of this type of clamp.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I will unlock them to store so they don't loose any tension. You can see its double wall and totally smooth inside so it wont damage the hose, just clamp it tighter than my wallet.

If it weakens in storage it will fail in use. Store them open and test them before leaving them on a vehicle.

Engineering 101, a good spring steel spring, cycled within its design parameters, will retain elasticity and tension nigh forever. (OK probably not in the Freshman class).

BTW thanks for showing us your tips and discoveries. It has helped me out before.

I know that to be true but these things are a buck a piece so i doubt they a valve spring quality steel.
50 will take me quite a while (probably years) to use so i just as soon open leave them in a relaxed state. I bough so many because i used Subaru clamps for a long time and they stopped selling or ordering them at the dealer level, leaving me with only FI clamps as an option to the dreaded screw gizmo's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back