Sunoco Synthetic thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the wording for a Mercedes-Benz approvals is incorrect and they don't show up on the BeVo website, so those are not actual approvals. I also don't see any "Sunoco" oils on the Audi/VW list, so I'll make the guess they aren't VW approved either. They don't show up on the dexos website so not dexos licensed.

Looks like a lot of unsubstantiated hoopla, even the API licensing appears sketchy. No Sunoco 0W-40 is listed, and none of the Sunoco oils on the ELOCS website have the word "Euro" in them.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Well the wording for a Mercedes-Benz approvals is incorrect and they don't show up on the BeVo website, so those are not actual approvals. I also don't see any "Sunoco" oils on the Audi/VW list, so I'll make the guess they aren't VW approved either. They don't show up on the dexos website so not dexos licensed.

Looks like a lot of unsubstantiated hoopla, even the API licensing appears sketchy. No Sunoco 0W-40 is listed, and none of the Sunoco oils on the ELOCS website have the word "Euro" in them.

I haven't checked your other claims but they definitely show up for dexos.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by kschachn
But the Sunoco site says dexos2 which is what I checked. There is no 5W-40 product that is dexos1 Gen 2.

My mistake, you're right. Didn't realize it was d2 that was specified.

I can't imagine that Sunoco (A rather big brand name) would lie about specifications, but you're right, d2 license isn't listed on the site.

Sunoco is available in the East Coast.

I been loyal to Chevron gas in the West Coast. After moving to East Coast, there is no Chevron so I tried Exxon for a while. Then I saw Sunoco, gave it a try and stuck to Sunoco since.

I used Mobil or Exxon for almost 15 years, until recently switching credit cards and moving to Shell gas. No regrets and both are high quality / top-tier fuels.

Probably a great product.

No 229.52 = No current benz diesels.

UD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back