SUNL 49cc Scooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: yeehaw1960
What's a guy to do?

While it's still running sell it as fast as you can and purchase the Honda & Yamaha and be happy!

I know there is a main fuse near the battery, but can't find any other fuse box location. It's a Sunl "Fashion Sport" 49cc scooter. May have to just sell it and buy better. It runs like a champ though.

Check to see if your bulbs are still good. One common problem is that the AC powered lights will fry out if the rectifier/regulator allows over-voltage from the stator.

This happened to a friend's Bintelli. I replaced all the lights with LED, cut the AC cottage supply, and merged it with the DC power wire. Now all of his lights are DC, and don't get brighter or dimmer with engine rpm.

The key to owning a Chinese scooter is to know ahead of time where your problems will be, and treat them ahead of time. Parts are cheap, work is easy.

If I were you, I would change all of the fuel lines and vacuum lines. That will be your next issue. Replace the gear oil in the first album drive as well. Fill with synthetic and you will never have to change it again.

These things come with a to-do list, but run a fraction of what a Taiwanese or Japanese scooter costs new.

Do your research, and you'll know exactly what to do or not to do, and when.

Originally Posted By: yeehaw1960
I know there is a main fuse near the battery, but can't find any other fuse box location. It's a Sunl "Fashion Sport" 49cc scooter. May have to just sell it and buy better. It runs like a champ though.

I don't recall the little Chinese ATV I had having a fuse box. It had inline fuses for individual circuits if I recall correctly. You'll be an expert on these things once you get this sorted, which I'm bettin' you will!

Good bye to my disgustingly low quality little blue scooter. I loved it so...NOT!

So goodbye little blue scooter.
You supplied me with so much grief.
Money I wasted was bad enough.
Of my time, you became a thief.

From China, to me, to another garage now.
Your trip has certainly been storied.
Even with new parts and the sweat of my brow.
Your lack of power still kept me worried.

So on to new things and adventures.
Parting may produce sweet sorrow.
But the lure of more quality and power.
Shall speed me on my search tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back