Summit Tires?

Anyone have any knowledge on Summit tires? The specs are what Im looking for,price is fairly cheap.
I need something fairly "grippy" older General rt 45's on now and with my 12 Regal turbo they spin
waay to easy. need something with good grip.
Thanks

The cheapest tires worth using are the Douglas tires from Walmart. They're actually not bad for a tire that cheap.

However, in NY, you might want to consider all-weather tires.

What is your tire size? :unsure:

The cheapest tires worth using are the Douglas tires from Walmart. They're actually not bad for a tire that cheap.

I have to disagree on the Douglas tires-literally EVERYONE I know that has used them HATES them... My brother won't even use them for trailer tires on his little quad trailer!

I should have added that this Regal is only driven around 1000 miles a year,basiclly a summer ride.
I would like a all season tire if I decied to sell it in a couple years. Right now price ia a concern due to
the limited miles it is driven,need something real reasonably priced. The reviews I seen on the Summit
tires but I wonder how accurate the reviews are.

Anyone have any knowledge on Summit tires? The specs are what Im looking for,price is fairly cheap.
I need something fairly "grippy" older General rt 45's on now and with my 12 Regal turbo they spin
waay to easy. need something with good grip.
Thanks
My brother had a set of Summit tires on an older Skylark he had, I still have one here (Siempre sounds familiar)-Chinese made, about the same as Nexen, or Ling Long, or any other Chinese made tire-black, fairly round, works for a while. My 2 sets of RT43s have been getting a little hardened, but I have winter tires for the bad times.

I should have added that this Regal is only driven around 1000 miles a year,basiclly a summer ride.
I would like a all season tire if I decied to sell it in a couple years. Right now price ia a concern due to
the limited miles it is driven,need something real reasonably priced. The reviews I seen on the Summit
tires but I wonder how accurate the reviews are.
I think I would be looking at a set of cheap UHP summer tread tires for a fair-weather car, most of the cheap ones aren't the greatest traction-wise.

I always had good luck with Douglas until recently it literally started leaking from a hole under a letter on the tires sidewall. And it seems other people are reporting sidewall issues too recently in reviews.

I can no longer recommend Douglas. Also my Toyota was shaking running Douglas and now it has Toyo Extensa A/S II's it is perfectly smooth, Douglas was out of round.

There are better choices than Douglas for cheap tires. And some are Chinese and Thailand in origin.

Last edited:
I have to disagree on the Douglas tires-literally EVERYONE I know that has used them HATES them... My brother won't even use them for trailer tires on his little quad trailer!
My apologies in advance for disputing all of your second hand information from everyone you know.

My first hand experience with several sets has been that I've seen no issues whatsoever. I have a set on one of the cars out in the garage, right now.

Milestar (Lin Long) seem have have some decent usage around here. They have serviceable truck tires. I would not put them in a low-profile application where uniformity is as noticeable, from personal experience with the brand.

but … I would still look at entry level Yokohama or BFG or firestone offerings first.

Not familiar with Summit, but a second for Milestar tires. Helped a neighbor with 04 Civic get a set of MS932 at Discount Tire. She doesn't drive that much. Then recommended a set for family member's Rogue, purchased. Distributed by same company as Westlake, TireCo.

Back