Suggestions for a quality fluid extractor ?

I have a couple of vehicles that have these somewhat annoying engine splash guards under the vehicle. A local Shop already trashed one. I’m thinking about just running a Fram Ultra on these vehicles for 20k or so and then getting a engine oil extractor and changing the oil through the dipstick. Good idea? Bad idea? Anybody want to chime in with a brand or specific extractor that worked out well for them? Thanks

I've had a Liqivac for a few years now. Use it for all my vehicle fluid extraction. Bigger one and it holds a gallon if memory serves me.

Have the HOLT 2.3 Manual Fluid Extractor that was $89.99 at Harbor Freight . Worked well for oil change and tranny fluid of the car . Also , used for 3 lawn mowers and 2 snow blowers . Well worth the money .

MY MityVac 7201 worked well with old ML320. Especially it has filter assembly right next to oil cap.

I tried to insert the tube through dipstick on 2015 MDX and 2020 Tucson, the tube won't go all the way down, only went in 15-20 inches. Tried smaller diameter tubes, still didn't work. I now use a form-a-funnel on MDX, Tucson doesn't have splash guard. MityVac 7201 is now used as a dispenser mostly rather than extractor. Works very well with filling differential and T-case in a second or two.

MY MityVac 7201 worked well with old ML320. Especially it has filter assembly right next to oil cap.

I tried to insert the tube through dipstick on 2015 MDX and 2020 Tucson, the tube won't go all the way down, only went in 15-20 inches. Tried smaller diameter tubes, still didn't work. I now use a form-a-funnel on MDX, Tucson doesn't have splash guard. MityVac 7201 is now used as a dispenser mostly rather than extractor. Works very well with filling differential and T-case in a second or two.
I don't even try the bigger tube anymore. I use the dipstick to gauge how deep the extractor tube should go.
Sometimes it hits something; I twist and poke at it until it goes in properly.

No jokes please...

Ever since I learned that MB dealers use an oil extractor, I started using a Mityvac on my MB's. Gets almost all the oild out.

I don't even try the bigger tube anymore. I use the dipstick to gauge how deep the extractor tube should go.
Sometimes it hits something; I twist and poke at it until it goes in properly.

I tried many different size od tubes, but the smallest dia. tube I have won't go through.
It's very slow extraction even with 5mm ID tube I used to use for ML320, took about 30 min to extract 8.5 qts.

Back