Suggestions for a 06 Vstar 1100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to do the 1st oil change on the bike and I am looking for some suggestions. I prefer synthetic.

The bikes has 593 miles on it.

Shell Rotella 5W-40.
Blue jug at Wal-mart. Synthetic, heavy duty diesel oil.
Mobil-1 15W-50; either the regular or the extended duty stuff will work well in a cycle.

I am using Shell RTS in one bike and Mobil's D1 in another. Those oils work well in the two motorcycles that I have and I am more than comfortable in recommending them to anybody.

John.

I personally took mine to the dealer to do the 600 miles service when I had my 05 V-Star 1100. Just to make sure they had a record that the valves were checked etc. Afterward I used regular 15w40 Rotella and the bike seemed to do well. Had zero issues in 10,000 miles. There is a good V-Star 1100 riders forum over at delphiforums.com and some pretty helpful guys over there. By the way if you need some filters to do a POD setup let me know cause I have four I would let go of pretty cheap along with some oil filters left around after I sold my V-Star. They are good little bikes.

I have VStar 650 (year 2000) but do not know whether it use the same oil filter as 1100.
If it is the same, I would buy them from you.
Looking for air and fuel filters too.

Please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back