Substitute for Volvo Power Steering Fluid? VolvoP1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Looking for a substitute for the Volvo P1 platform (c30, s40, v50, c70) power steering fluid?

Anyone have anything they recommend. I've heard of the Fuchs branded oil but having a hard time finding a synthetic alternative here in Canada that isn't a multi-ATF.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I'm fairly certain it's Pentosin CHF 11S. Pentosin CHF 202 is the updated version and is no longer green.

That's what I thought. Which one is more updated/better/cheaper?

the 11s or the 202?

2 years ago Febi 6161 (green) was my choice into my S60.
No issue, the steeriing wheel turns easier.
Just a recommendation: don't forget drain the old fluid as much as you can.

The owners manual for my 2002 Volvo S40 specifies ATF -- nothing further. I get the impression you can use anything reasonable within the ATF and power steering fluid family.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
The owners manual for my 2002 Volvo S40 specifies ATF -- nothing further. I get the impression you can use anything reasonable within the ATF and power steering fluid family.

That manual is wrong.

Volvo updated the specification and the use of ATF will cause a rack leak. Rack installation requires subframe removal.

Stick with Pentosin, either CHF-11s or CHF-202.

I use the Fuchs 202 equivalent. Last time I looked into the Pentosin the 202 was cheaper at NAPA than the 11S. Either one will work in your car.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
...Stick with Pentosin ... CHF-11s...

It was my guideline in 2015. The 16 years old PS pump so silent like a new and no PS system leakage after change from red ATF to green full synthetic oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back