Subaru 22” and 19” OE wiper blades

Just an interesting comparison between Michelin blade (left) from Costco vs Subaru of America OE blade (right). OE has a nice curve distributing pressure through the length of the wiper. OE also appears to have a taller blade.

IMG_5967.jpg
IMG_5968.jpg

I’ve never been let down by OE wipers in my Subies. Speaking of which, both are probably due for replacement. Thanks for the timely reminder.

The one on the left appears to be a truss type blade, it won't have any curve until it's laying against the curve of the windshield and pressure is applied by the wiper arm.

The one on the left appears to be a truss type blade, it won't have any curve until it's laying against the curve of the windshield and pressure is applied by the wiper arm.
Are truss-type more common in the aftermarket space? The RainX Fusion hybrid blades I had before were also rather straight.

Are truss-type more common in the aftermarket space? The RainX Fusion hybrid blades I had before were also rather straight.
I think it depends on the vehicle. I can find a true truss style for my 89 Sierra but I've never ran across any for my 08 Lucerne.

Those Subaru wipers are in the same packaging(Tim also stated this earlier in the thread) as many Trico wipers come in, so it's a good bet that they're the manufacturer.

By the way, I've had good luck with that style Michelin wiper you posted that have the rubber cover on them.

Back